Copycat

Started by bonanzataz, July 10, 2003, 04:45:46 PM

bonanzataz

remember that movie that came out a while ago with sigourney weaver and holly hunter and harry connick jr.? they keep playing this movie on tv and i remember really liking it when it first came out on video. i watched it all the time. i loved a good slasher flick. but watching it now just feels exactly like something Donald Kaufman would write. i can't watch it because of this. it's unbearable. anybody have any thoughts about this or other movies that feel Donald Kaufmanesque (hehe).
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

MacGuffin

Quote from: bonanzatazremember that movie that came out a while ago with sigourney weaver and helen hunt holly hunter and harry connick jr.?

It was a good premise about playing cat and mouse with an angorophobic, but it wasn't very suspenseful and I thought Harry Connick was miscast because he wasn't menacing for a killer.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

bonanzataz

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: bonanzatazremember that movie that came out a while ago with sigourney weaver and helen hunt holly hunter and harry connick jr.?

i have no idea what you're talking about.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sigur Rós

Oh, I haven't seen this film for a long time. I remember it as pretty good. The only seen I remember is the one where she gets out of her appartment. (really scary!)

Banky

i thought this movie had a lot of suspense and wass really good.  I thought Jr was very rightfully cast and was a great killer.  "Should i stick him or shoot him?", classic.

modage

i actually saw this movie when i was like 13 in the theatres with my grandma.
long story short: dont take your grandma to a movie about a serial killer.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bonanzataz

yes, mogwai, but i never said that.........or did i?

oh no. i said the loud part soft and the soft part loud.

snaporaz

wasn't harry connick jr. in prison while some other dude was going around doing the serial killing?

anyways, yeah, the movie is pretty lame. i liked it for a while when i was into reading about serial killers in high school, but reading about the actual thing made me start hating the movie. no one goes around killing people with an agenda as retarded as that. the only movie with a worse plot is the bone collector. who the fuck goes around devising amazingly clever ways to kill innocent people just to get revenge on one guy?