Wild At Heart

Started by bonanzataz, June 27, 2003, 04:14:14 PM

bonanzataz

this movie kicks ass. it was on IFC last night and it, needless to say, rocked my world. now where the fuck is the DVD?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

ono

Lynch is probably going to wait another couple years after the Eraserhead hype has died yet again, and he's finally completed another feature, then he'll charge you an arm and a leg for membership to his website, and then the other arm and a leg for the DVD itself.  And while you're watching your shiny new DVD, without your arms and legs, you'll make a great extra for his daughter's highly anticipated Boxing Helena II: Helena Strikes Back.

MacGuffin

Quote from: bonanzataznow where the fuck is the DVD?

Last post.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

budgie

god, the final stab in my world of pain (this week anyway): now put back till July 7th.

:puppydogeyes:

Pubrick

Quote from: budgiegod, the final stab in my world of pain :puppydogeyes:
u luvit.

i know i do.
under the paving stones.

bonanzataz

this isn't fair. i want it now not in fucking cocktober. i just blind bought the $50 eraserhead to tide me over. what have i done?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ghostboy

Quote from: bonanzatazwhat have i done?

The smart thing.

MacGuffin

Quote from: bonanzatazi just blind bought the $50 eraserhead to tide me over. what have i done?

When you get the black cardboard personalized David Lynch box (I kept mine), and open it to see the Eraserhead box inside, you'll realize that it was the best investment you've ever made. Then seeing the movie and the documentary and flipping through the booklet is just icing on the cake.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

budgie

Quote from: MacGuffinWhen you get the black cardboard personalized David Lynch box (I kept mine), and open it to see the Eraserhead box inside, you'll realize that it was the best investment you've ever made. Then seeing the movie and the documentary and flipping through the booklet is just icing on the cake.

sadist

MacGuffin

Quote from: budgiesadist

I don't know what you're talking about. What makes you say that?

Skeleton FilmWorks

sphinx

Quote from: MacGuffinI don't know what you're talking about. What makes you say that?

order one for budgie's birthday.  now

cowboykurtis

i think wild at heart is easily lynch's worst film -- besides bobby peru, it's a muddled piece of shit -- i love lynch.
...your excuses are your own...

Ghostboy

The first time I saw it I didn't like it at all (and I love Lynch too). The second time, I loved it. I think it's so jam packed with different tones...it goes from being hardcore exploitation to fairy tale to realistic drama with such suddenness that its hard to know what to think at first. But now it's one of my favorites of his (along with the rest of his films). The scene with the car accident is one of my favorite stand-alone scenes of all time.

This thread made me want to watch it again, so I popped in my VHS copy. This is by far the WORST VHS I ever purchased. I don't know what the distributor was thinking. It looks like it was recorded in SLP mode, and some of the scenes are 'squished' horizontally so the widescreen image will fit on the TV screen. It's awful. Plus, there's a trailer for 'I Come In Peace' starring Dolph Lundgren. Bring on the Region 1 DVD!!! Now!

modage

yeah, i've only seen it once and i hated it.  i thought he was kidding, it felt like a bad lynch soap opera for me.  it was laughably bad.  i just dont think the movie ever decided what it wanted to be.  (i still cant believe he made that AFTER blue velvet.)
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pas

I tought it was good, very funny at the ultimate least. I'm kinda biased via Lynch's stuff though