The New Format - SECOND ACCOUNTS STILL NOT ALLOWED

Started by MacGuffin, February 09, 2004, 04:52:21 PM

ono

If it's IE6, I wouldn't know what to tell you unless you've made some changes to the browser's configuration.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaIf it's IE6, I wouldn't know what to tell you unless you've made some changes to the browser's configuration.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

make sure to get the pinstripe theme

<3

Duck S.

ono

Mozilla is so 1999.  But still, this does look kind of interesting.  I just gave up trying to mess with different browsers, so I turned of JavaScript in IE6, and no pop-ups for me ever.

Duck Sauce

Firefox is like 3 weeks old

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

This new look sure is... new...

The avatar scroll bar is kind of awkward.

I can't say I totally don't like what's happened.. I do like the avatar at the top of the page, very personalized.

This'll just take some getting used to.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

cowboykurtis

for some reason the "unread topics" function doesn't seem to be working correctly - anyone else encounter this problem?
...your excuses are your own...

Xixax

Hi, guys. Long time no speak.

The unread topics thing will fix itself after you've logged in a few times. The new system probably just wasn't able to convert all the pointers from before.

Lots of reasons why we did the change to this system. There are way more features built into this system that you'll like, but the main thing is that the previous software was a security nightmare. This software has a really great security record, so the conversion will ensure a stable, bright future for Xixax.

Hope you guys like. I can see that a lot of folks are going to be re-sizing their avatars to smaller images in the near future, which was probably long long overdue anyway. Nothing like waiting for 50 huge avs to load when you're reading a forum!
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

hedwig

what are some of the new features built into this system?

anyway, cool!  :yabbse-thumbup:

PS. NEON's gonna love this spell check shit!

Bethie

who likes movies anyway

polkablues

Hmm.  I'm not seeing any avatars (including my own).  I tried re-uploading mine to see if it would come back up, but nothing.  I feel naked without my avatar.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Reinhold

i understand the need for the new system with security and stuff... but is there any way to get it looking more like the last redesign?

layers of gray, boxes for everything... it looks too busy right now. just saying cuz you guys wanted input last time you redesigned.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

The Perineum Falcon

I can only view this in IE now. Maybe it's my comp, ya know, but it worked before with Firefox.
Just sayin'.

And, how big small do the avs have to be now?
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

Gold Trumpet

It's all too fancy and detailed. I like my Xixax easy to nagivate and post on. The increase in options and design kills that. But, I won't be an asshole. Grateful I am to be posting here.

cine

hey. hey. HEY

I don't recall approving this.