Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, February 10, 2005, 09:04:10 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

His Bee doesn't even move, it's not worth it.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues on May 22, 2007, 01:39:00 AM

EDIT: And now I see that I've shunted kal's post to the previous page, and I feel like a dick...

put a bee on his shoulder and you may have something.

Quote from: kal on May 22, 2007, 01:12:38 AM
:love: Pubrick

haha, i'm flattered. as long as it doesn't start a trend of cheap knock-off beekaboos. and you do realise you now owe me royalties.
under the paving stones.

Kal

thats what happens when you cant sleep at 5am :)

i suck with these programs so there was no way for me to have the been appear and disappear... it was the best i could do.

i was always wondering, what does the bee mean and why do you always have it?

bonanzataz

meester fly from the bjork website!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Fernando

Warning: This post is long and it will take time to upload, but it's worth it I think.  :yabbse-undecided:

I've been planing to post this for a looong time, even years ago and always postponed it, but now inspired by the 'this place is dead' thread I decided to just do it, guess I was always looking for the right time to do it and never felt like it was.

I want this to have the feel of the old and now disappeared Blast from the Past thread, hope it brings good memories.

Also wanted the post to keep it shorter, and actually did keep it short! just bear in mind I chose these out of over 1500 avatars I've saved through all these years, yes I've saved almost every avatar that users have had, at least from the regulars, if somebody is not represented right now it's because I couldn't find a place for it.

I can't put the name of the xixaxer exactly below the avatars without making a mess so below the rows I'll write the name of the xaxers from left to right so you know who had it at that time.

Hope you like this, enjoy!

gals and guy

gloria, mogwai, myxo

gloria, pawbloe, hedwig,

pas, polka, thrindle

dawn of the spoilatar

2nd is from picolas, 3rd RK

beeeee yourself
guy's gone and has its own category, seems unfair, but the little prick does great avs

fun stuff

mogwai, cron, cine

GDIDM, ravi, eez28 (?)

sigur, last two rk

animavatars

cine, banky, sigur

mac, mogwai, myxo

picolas, gamblor, pawbloe

p, phil, xixax

censorship!!!

mod, ravi, fernando

rk, stefen, taz

that's it folks.

Stefen

EPIC POST, fernando.  :bravo:

I remember how pissed off I was when Picolas censored my av. Of course, I was a bumbling drunk back then just looking for a fight, but still, pretty funny in hindsight.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Kal

Quote from: Stefen on August 15, 2008, 06:44:57 PM
Of course, I was a bumbling drunk back then just looking for a fight

Same as today I guess

Bethie

haha. wow. this pretty much seals the deal...we're all nuts.
who likes movies anyway

picolas

holy crap. thanks. my brain just timewarped a lot. do you have the one i used to have of the shoes looking down from high above? i miss it/don't know how to find it.

mogwai

excellent stuff, fernando! i remember the pigeon av now and it was something i stole from some forum. it's funny though.

Fernando

Quote from: picolas on August 16, 2008, 03:05:26 AM
do you have the one i used to have of the shoes looking down from high above? i miss it/don't know how to find it.

I have this one but I have a feeling it isn't the one you say, if that avatar is recent maybe I don't have it because for over a year haven't been able to save the avatars, for some odd reason I can't save them as gif, jpeg, png or whatever, even stopped trying to save them.  :yabbse-undecided:

Oddly enough the first one that came to my mind was this one.

picolas

i missed these replies. it was like that, gas. thanks for the xmas fernando.

MacGuffin

Anybody else keep looking over to see who this new member is, and realizing it's GT with a new avatar?
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

And now that old avatar is gone for good because a day after I made the switch, my laptop crashed and all my files went along with it. The change is good because there is no reason to continue associating myself with a film I only somewhat like. The effect of having it was wearing on me.