Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, February 10, 2005, 09:04:10 PM

JG

Ha, today I started reading a post without checking the user name. I assumed it was someone new to forum, but as I read I found myself thinking, man, this guy sounds exactly like GT. It was!

Its a good av, GT.

Pubrick

now that cronopio's alive intermittently, maybe he can help me, or fernando if he knows..

one of crono's old avs was some kind of painting of a giant minotaur beast towering over a village.. can anyone tell me where that was from, who did it, anything? searches turn up nothing.. if it's a throwaway picture by a nobody that's cool too, i just would like to know.

i've been haunted by it all these years, in my memory it has come to represent an immensely creepy image. always when i see a mountain ridge in the distance, and i do often as my city is borded by a mountain range, i imagine this creature standing from the other side, looking so FIERCE. it really fascinates me.. i respond viscerally to the idea of it.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Was it this?

"The Colossus" by Fransisco Goya (actually not, as the museum it resides at recently declared that it was actually the work of one of Goya's assistants. http://www.vincesear.com/famous-goya-painting-found-to-be-unauthentic/)
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

haha yes, thanks! fuck i knew it was goya. i'm such a noob.. i went to bed thinking i would do a search for his name first thing in the morning.

well, not goya. but still that assistant is a mad cunt.

does that image freak anyone else out? i think the idea i remembered is even cooler than that cos it was a fucked up beast with its back to us but its head slightly turned. i dunno. my reaction to that picture is comparable to what the old couple feel when viewing The Kramer.
under the paving stones.

Fernando

just for the record, I do have archived cron's avatar but honestly I didn't remember it.

and I don't care who painted that, it's a really powerful painting.

cronopio 2

fuck, i had not read this. yep, it's the collosus alright, and i had the chance to see it live in a goya retrospective in mexico city about four years ago.
i'm now very comfortable with my current hipster blue boy avatar.

Neil

I feel it is time to get rid of this avatar.  Does anyone have any helpful suggestions? or any throwbacks that i can rock?
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

Pubrick

anyone wanna make my next avatar?
under the paving stones.

mogwai

Quote from: Pubrick on April 12, 2011, 08:50:50 AM
anyone wanna make my next avatar?

YES! Reply or pm me if you want me to make an avrick.

Fernando

avatar of life is the way to go....

but i cant do shit, but you guys should, don't know if you can dl the gifs of the new tree of life site, if you can then do something with those awesome clips.

polkablues

P, do you have some sort of template for the bee, like a gif file that's just it by itself?  I've got a couple ideas...

Pubrick

Quote from: polkablues on April 12, 2011, 08:00:49 PM
P, do you have some sort of template for the bee, like a gif file that's just it by itself?  I've got a couple ideas...

check your PMs.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

Kal

Hahaha that is by far P's best. Great work Polka. I think Aronofsky agrees.

Reel

I love how stoned it looks from beeing down there.