Michael Moore and his bullshit (Bowling for Columbine)

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, December 03, 2003, 01:52:58 AM

RegularKarate

Quote from: Thecowgoooesmooo
Not flat-out lies? Ok, here's a lie. The two boys never bowled in the morning. Michael Moore stated that the two boys did bowl in the morning before the shootings began in his film. Do you want another one Blackman? Also, as stated by Moore in his film, the KKK and the NRA were never created the same year, and had absolutely no connection to each other.  

- The website you love so much says that "how could they have gone bowling that morning when it's a proven fact that they dropped out of bowling class/club?!" -- Well, the movie says they went bowling just themselves... at six in the morning without the club.  good reasoning your little site uses... "they have to be in a club to go bowling".  Besides (and I might be wrong here), Moore stated that they were "reported" to have gone bowling... this is a FACT... he's just explaining the title... this is an insignificant detail anyhow.

It's funny... I think that Moore manipulates more than he should, but you're just so passionate about getting into a fight about this.  There are a lot more pressing issues than whether or not the kids went bowling, like  " why is spiderman's shirt hanging in the wrong direction during the wall climbing scene?"

edit:  now it just looks like I'm repeating JB... I'm leaving it anyway

Sleuth

That's what happens with organic webshooters!

But seriously folks, I appreciate this kind of discussion a lot more then other forums where people all put smiley faces, winking faces, tongue sticking out faces, etc at the end of each of their posts as if they are all still on best terms because they are friends4life.  That's so lame, at least here we are a little more truthful
I like to hug dogs

©brad

Quote from: Thecowgoooesmooo
Quotethe independent researches could just as easy be full of shit. how do u know their research is accurate? u don't.

Well, ya... Actually cBRAD you can verify that this research is true. For exmaple, I brought up on the earlier point that the KKK and the NRA were not formed in the same year. You can find these FACTS in history books or cBRAD, you can ride your circus tricycle down to your local library. You can then try reading a encyclopedia.

Quoteand my name is cbrad. its case sensitive, bitch.

Alright cBRAD.

Macguffin what do you think about this name calling towards me? You were so closely analyzing my insults in retalition to theres. Do you have anything to say about the admins who join in on the name calling? Hmm talk about being singled out....

chris

1. local libraries r for looooooosers, as r encyclopedias.
2. these independent researchers u speak of are presenting analytical interpretations. i don't care how many 'facts' they use-- it's still subjective.
3. moooo this-

aclockworkjj

Quote from: ©brad1. local libraries r for looooooosers
No way...might depend where you live, but i get tons of old DVD's that i can't find at the videostores from my library.  A library card can be like a gun if used right.  hehe.

SoNowThen

Quote from: RaikusJust to give you all an outsider's view on this thread.

Cow's been kicking all your asses by displaying fact and responding to each point in a reasonable way. Everyone else seems to be "copping out" with posts attacking him and not his evidence while the others pat them on the back and say "good one."

At least, that's how it looks from here.

good heavens, raikus read my mind
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Gamblour.

Wow...9 pages. "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
WWPTAD?

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanAnd I'm not a fan of Clinton.
may i ask who you are a fan of?  (besides moore.)

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: aclockworkjjmay i ask who you are a fan of?  (besides moore.)

Dennis Kucinich.

picolas

Quote from: aclockworkjjI see "end of thread" and it reads, "this is right, we win" again.  It's not about winning or losing.  It's like me going:

"Only a liberal would hug a tree and kill a fetus"

End of thread!!
you've done nothing but prove my point. you didn't read the entire post or the post it was refering to.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: picolasyou've done nothing but prove my point. you didn't read the entire post or the post it was refering to.
right.  sorry, i didn't realize you had a point..i figured it was just a jab at me.

on dennis...(he could be a lot worse honestly...but I got a kick outta this:

Dennis doesn't have to worry about paying the bills after the 2004 elections if, God forbid, he does not get the presidential nomination and loses his congressional seat.

Keebler Company (www.keebler.com) has just announced that it has retained the services of the congressman as their new spokesman to sell their lines of crackers, cookies and other baked goods.

Asked why he signed up for the gig so far before the 2004 elections, Kucinich replied, "Ya gotta strike when the iron's hot."

It's not known how Dennis will balance his new roll with that of president should he somehow get elected.

picolas

Quote from: aclockworkjjsorry, i didn't realize you had a point..i figured it was just a jab at me.
that's okay. it's probably because you didn't read my whole post.

Quote from: RaikusI won't even comment on the sentence structure.
what was wrong with the sentence structure?

aclockworkjj

Quote from: picolasit's probably because you didn't read my whole post.
no..i did.  But to me, the "bank lady" could just be some cheap slut that i fantasize about everytime i make a deposit.  I didn't understand the point, i guess would be a better way to say it.  

Haven't seen the movie, nor will any dime of mine go to support Moore and his grade school antics.

hehe.

Jeremy Blackman

aclockworkjj

Quote from: Jeremy BlackmanIndeed.
i know it's cheap of me to even be in this discussion without seeing the movie...but seriously, i feel very strong about what he did at the oscars...that and i didn't like Moo Cow (btw, hope it's okay if i call you "Moo Cow") being attacked.  I feel this has at least moved into a normal debate...i say we keep it there. no?

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: aclockworkjji feel very strong about what he did at the oscar

And you base your entire opinion of him on this? That's the most extreme thing he's ever done. Have you read any of his books? Have you seen any over his movies? I hope you've at least seen Roger & Me.

Anyway, I still don't understand why you've been debating Bowling for Columbine (or supporting a side) when you haven't seen it.