Kill Bill: Volume Two

Started by MacGuffin, September 24, 2003, 01:38:09 AM

slice

somebody digitized a 35mm print of the movie and leaked it...difficult to find but not that hard

look for an avi--do you understand

analogzombie

I've already found it. but i wan the DVD, those fools at Miramax betta recognize!
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

brockly

a high quality divx dvd rip has been available for a while at suprnova, if anyone is interested. i got mine from there months ago, then converted it to dvd. should tie me over till the official dvd comes out, i spose.

finlayr

I think it was obvious from the beginning that Vol. 2 wasn't going to be ready in Feb but the studio was just saying that, and not as an estimate.  They KNEW it wasn't going to be ready, but if they had released the information before Vol. 1 was released, or soon thereafter, they knew the public would say "Hey, what the fuck?"  So they took our money and said, Our film is so good {WHICH IT IS}, they could wait years for part 2.  I think anyone who's a fan of cinema is going to be disappointed with the news that we have to wait months b4 the next cinematic orgasm.  I just hope Tarantino doesn't do a George Bush and start telling lies for Miramax.
Filmmaker

analogzombie

Quote from: finlayrI think it was obvious from the beginning that Vol. 2 wasn't going to be ready in Feb but the studio was just saying that, and not as an estimate.  They KNEW it wasn't going to be ready, but if they had released the information before Vol. 1 was released, or soon thereafter, they knew the public would say "Hey, what the fuck?"  So they took our money and said, Our film is so good {WHICH IT IS}, they could wait years for part 2.  I think anyone who's a fan of cinema is going to be disappointed with the news that we have to wait months b4 the next cinematic orgasm.  I just hope Tarantino doesn't do a George Bush and start telling lies for Miramax.

I like how you worked a comment on Geogre Bush into a thread on Tarantino.

But if it is true that they planned it all along why did they go to the trouble of creating, printing and distributing posters with the February 2004 date?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I saw a pic of Uma Thurman holding a child who's head was buried into her shoulder.  If I can find it again, I'll put it here, I think it may be an indicator or something?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobI saw a pic of Uma Thurman holding a child who's head was buried into her shoulder.  If I can find it again, I'll put it here, I think it may be an indicator or something?

where is your soul?

analogzombie

Quote from: NEON MACGUFFIN
Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobI saw a pic .........  If I can find it again, I'll put it here, I think it may be an indicator or something?

I have that pic, along with others, but I don't wanna ruin it for those who don't wanna be spoiled.

PLEASE DON"T PUT IT UP AND PLEASE DON"T EVEN MENTION IT!
IT"S THE BIGGEST SPOILER I HAVE EVER SEEN.

i stumbled across it on accident and although its no real surprise it ruined it for me. I curse that photo for even existing.

MacGuffin

Kill Bill: Vol. 2 Move to April 16 Confirmed
Source: Variety

Variety has confirmed that Miramax has moved the Quentin Tarantino sequel Kill Bill: Vol. 2 from February 20 to April 16. In a clever move, Disney has already moved its Lindsay Lohan romantic comedy Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen into the Feb. 20 spot.

The trade adds that it is also still undecided whether Kill Bill: Vol. 2 will travel to the Cannes Festival. No clear reason has surfaced for moving the sequel, but a later date will allow time to bring Kill Bill: Vol. 1 to DVD. It's expected to hit video shelves on April 13.

Also scheduled for April 16 are Universal's Nia Vardalos and Toni Collette-starrer Connie and Carla and comic book adaptation The Punisher.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

April just seems way overcrowded to me. But I guess any month past March and before January is like that. There's such a dead period this year...Kill Bill was a bright shining beacon of light in the midst of the harsh winter plains.

It's going to kick The Punisher's ass though, I bet.

Alethia

i'm actually kinda relieved at this now because I had been hearing that it might have even been moved to june or july......i'm gonna be on kill bill overload that week what with the dvd coming out too...

modage

Quote from: GhostboyThere's such a dead period this year...Kill Bill was a bright shining beacon of light in the midst of the harsh winter plains.
exactly.  theres probably only about 3 or 4 movies ill see in the theatre between now and april.  JAN-MARCH=DEATH.  (also usually SEPT=DEATH).  theyre the nomanslands inbetween oscar bait and summer (and now PRE-summer as they start rolling out wannabe blockbusters in april since memorial day which used to be the start of summer movies has now been replaced with the first weekend in may.)  harvey weinstein is a greedy sunuvabitch for trying to get some of that 'summer money'.  i hope this plan blows up in his face and nobody but geeks see it and it gets lost in the shuffle.

so what happens to the DVD?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

russiasusha

Bring on the Trailer     :!:
Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

Alethia

Quote from: themodernage02so what happens to the DVD?

Quote from: MacGuffin The WombatIt's expected to hit video shelves on April 13.

is that what you were wondering?

analogzombie

I can live with this. besides the glut of dvd releases in feb and early march will tide me over.

kill bill vs the punisher, i don't think weinstein is thinking this through. the action audience will choose punisher cuz kill bill is too 'weird' for them, and that 'll leave a very small audience. i doubt it'll make the money of the first one.

but what do i know, i hope it does well!