Kill Bill: Volume Two

Started by MacGuffin, September 24, 2003, 01:38:09 AM

Alethia

SoNowThen

Quote from: analogzombie
Quote from: SoNowThenBringing Out The Dead...

that's just Taxi Driver 2: Ambulance Driver

No, no it's not.

*sigh*
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

cine

Quote from: SoNowThen
Quote from: analogzombie
Quote from: SoNowThenBringing Out The Dead...

that's just Taxi Driver 2: Ambulance Driver

No, no it's not.

*sigh*
:lol:

brockly

they just showed the teaser on E.T. Man, it just makes me want to see more! It'll be available on the web soon, i'm guessing, so i won't give much away. there's a clip of uma in a convertable in B&W saying that line from the bootleg trailer: "what the movie advertisements refered to as a roaring rampage of revenge" and bill says that he's starting to worry because "she's coming". i won't give away any more. it wasn't anything that great, but it's alot more satisfying than the japanese teaser shit.

Alethia

MacGuffin

Teaser Trailer here.

"It's Not Over Til It's Over."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Pedro

this movie's gonna kick so much ass...im sad i have to wait that long though.

brockly

modage

that's pretty cheezy, but i guess purposefully so.  

hey, macguffin lemme ask you a question...

-after being disappointed (or perhaps just not totally in love with vo. 1), are you less excited for volume 2?  

-were you hoping vo.1 would be the second coming like the rest of us, or was it just another movie you were looking forward to?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

pretty cool.....i wonder if they'll be showing that in theaters or if it was made just for now or whatever

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02hey, macguffin lemme ask you a question...

-after being disappointed (or perhaps just not totally in love with vo. 1), are you less excited for volume 2?

Put it this way, I'm not hyped for Vol. 2. If it was pushed back again, it wouldn't upset me. Although, I do anticipate Vol. 2 being better.

Quote from: themodernage02-were you hoping vo.1 would be the second coming like the rest of us, or was it just another movie you were looking forward to?

Not second coming, but that Tarantino at least would stay true to form. After an extended hiatus, I was anxious for another great piece of writing and better action.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Fernando

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: themodernage02hey, macguffin lemme ask you a question...

Put it this way, I'm not hyped for Vol. 2. If it was pushed back again, it wouldn't upset me. Although, I do anticipate Vol. 2 being better.

Quote from: themodernage02-were you hoping vo.1 would be the second coming like the rest of us, or was it just another movie you were looking forward to?

Not second coming, but that Tarantino at least would stay true to form. After an extended hiatus, I was anxious for another great piece of writing and better action.

You know Mac, you should post more often your thoughts on the many films, news, trailers, etc., and believe me I love that you post every film related news, I'm always eager to know first about those things, but you've always seem to me like a man who has an opinion, and yours is always interesting.

Don't forget to post your thought on ROTK.

analogzombie

"you've got to start becoming afraid of her, because she IS coming."

haha love it! If David Carridine is scared of her then you know Vol. 2 is gonna pack some vicious fights and be even more brutal than the Vol. 1.

-counting the days-
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

MacGuffin

Source: Dark Horizons

Actress Julie Dreyfus spoke a little about why Tarantino delayed the release of the second chapter - "I think he wants to take his time and just make it perfect. He has that kind of luxury in the business. He can make as good a film as he wants to so I don't think he wants to disappoint anybody so he just takes his time... I've only seen one scene but [Quentin] says it's a lot like the old Tarantino you know. There's a lot more dialogue and a little less action. It's a little bit more character driven".
---------------------------------------------------------------
I hope to God those last three sentences are true.

Skeleton FilmWorks