wachowski thread ready for a title change

Started by pete, May 03, 2004, 11:28:49 AM

Quote from: godardian
Quote from: cronopio

That's funny... I like Psychology quite a lot, and I'm not particularly enamored of this Jung character and his disproportionate popularity.  

Is Jung more popular than Freud there?  Because where I live he isn't... It's the opposite , in fact. Not that it matters though,

Your part 'o the world has it right. Jung is good for a lot of things, but (in my opinion) he's been ruined by crackpot reinterpreters. He's well worth reading and has some very interesting things to say (particularly for people with creative mindsets), but never, ever before Freud. He has this large cult that's sort of degenerated his work into a bunch of New Age/pseudomystical hooey, which is probably an American thing.

Basically, if you're gonna do Jung, just do Jung and ignore those who merely riff on his ideas. He's still second to Freud (at best), though. The thing about Freud is that people have built on his work in very intriguing and important ways, whereas with Jung it seems to have been a downhill trajectory from the original work.

So it all makes sense now...
I had no idea that Jung was  that popular,  but that crackpot reinterpeters  part sounds very possible. I hope I'm not one of them.
Truth to be told, all I know about Jung is what I read from Man and His Symbols, me being a layman. Now that I think of it, I have never talked about Jung with anyone until xixax.
context, context, context.

Pas

Quote from: bonanzataz:shock:

oh SNAP! he TOTALLY just went there!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

That's right, I said lol !

godardian

Quote from: Pas Rapport
Quote from: bonanzataz:shock:

oh SNAP! he TOTALLY just went there!

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

That's right, I said lol !

I've said it before and I'll say it again: You kids and your slang! (That's right, I am SO old now! Seriously.)
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

pete

I was under the impression that Godardian is a SHE.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

godardian

Quote from: peteI was under the impression that Godardian is a SHE.

That is in such perfect keeping with this thread, pete.  :-D
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Sleuth

pete's such a stupid bitch ::rolling
I like to hug dogs

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

For a long time, I thought Godardian was a girl, too.

It didn't really shock me to find out otherwise, just kind screwed me up because I had to imagine an anonymous male entity instead of a female one.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

NEON MERCURY

a sex change question for those in the  know:

when he undergoes this surgery does that mean that someone will delicately chop off his penis and then  throw it away and then drill a 3in. vertical canal where his penis use to be ..then have breast implants ..then shave , then have a girl-esque haricut..then have his adam s apple removed ..and learn to be more sassy.?

Pubrick

Quote from: NEON MERCURYwhen he undergoes this surgery does that mean that someone will delicately chop off his penis and then  throw it away and then drill a 3in. vertical canal where his penis use to be ..then have breast implants ..then shave , then have a girl-esque haricut..then have his adam s apple removed ..and learn to be more sassy.?
i think he's up to step three, so he may hav already undergone electrolysis to remove unwanted hair, and should hav been "cross-living" a couple of years and taking female hormones. he should start to grow tits before they chop his thing off and shove it back inside.
under the paving stones.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pubrickhe should start to grow tits before they chop his thing off and shove it back inside.

...hahaha ..you outdone me..thats harsh ..but very funny......

..wild mental image....maybe they should  film that part in bullet time...

Ravi

Quote from: Slomb

pete's such a stupid bitch ::rolling

Maybe Larry will get Wendy Carlos to score his next film?  Imagine a Matrix film set to The Well Tempered Synthesizer...

godardian

Quote from: NEON MERCURYa sex change question for those in the  know:

when he undergoes this surgery does that mean that someone will delicately chop off his penis and then  throw it away and then drill a 3in. vertical canal where his penis use to be ..then have breast implants ..then shave , then have a girl-esque haricut..then have his adam s apple removed ..and learn to be more sassy.?

A good, technically descriptive answer to this question lies in a very funny joke toward the end of this fantastic movie (which, actually, was for transssexuals what Cruising was for gays- not anything to get worked up over except they came at a time/social context when they were bound to be misunderstood. Looking back, they're both actually very cool and, in their ways, very progressive):

MacGuffin

Larry Wachowski's sex change is complete, first photo emerges!
Source: rated-m.blogspot

Photos here.

The duo will now just be known as "The Wachowskis", dropping the "brothers" part of their name. It is expected that Larry, now called Lana, will actually speak to the press about this for the first time, but not until after the Speed Racer film is out. The current feeling is that his sex change could hurt the family image the Speed Racer film is going for.

It is also expected that Andy will do all the press for the Speed Racer film, with Larry/Lana staying in the background for the above reason.

Dateline NBC is still rumored to have exclusivity of Larry/Lana's first public interview, but it has to be on his terms, not theirs.

More on this as we get it!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

Kal

See that Stefen??? Just make a hit like The Matrix and then you'll have enough money for the operations :)