new Harry Potter book (spoilers) (split from reading thread)

Started by Ghostboy, July 16, 2005, 11:37:22 PM

tpfkabi

Quote from: SPARR•O on July 27, 2007, 06:18:17 AM
The motivation was "I may be a fascist but I still love my son."  Which we already knew since she was so upset in book 6 that Voldemort was sending Draco on a mission it looked like he would die during and made Snape do the Unbreakable Vow or whatever.  I guess it all falls into Rowling's theme of "love conquers all" but I was hoping for a little more activity.

i have already forgotten most of Half Blood other than the 'biggie.'
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Reinhold

i saw in the opening sequence of Countdown with Keith Olbermann that J.K. Rowling gave an interview talking about their jobs and stuff, but i fell asleep before it aired. the information you want is likely out there on youtube or something.

edit: link.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Poobread

She said some rubbish about leaving the Epilogue "nebulous" as to not give away all the information, but gladly disclosed the secrets once we all read it.

Harry and Ron - Aurors, despite not formally completing any sort of schooling. Does that sound strange to anyone else?

Reinhold

Quote from: Poobread on July 29, 2007, 12:31:13 AM
She said some rubbish about leaving the Epilogue "nebulous" as to not give away all the information, but gladly disclosed the secrets once we all read it.

Harry and Ron - Aurors, despite not formally completing any sort of schooling. Does that sound strange to anyone else?

no, not at all.

i think they're probably better-qualified aurors than most graduates of hogwarts, plus nobody said they didn't study more.

hermione probably didn't go straight to being a lawyer, either.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

MacGuffin

Dumbledore was gay, JK tells amazed fans
Source: The Observer

There could hardly have been a bigger sensation if Russell Crowe, Rod Stewart or Sven-Goran Eriksson had come out of the closet. Millions of fans around the world were yesterday digesting the news that one of the main characters in the Harry Potter novels, Albus Dumbledore, is gay.

The revelation came from author JK Rowling during a question-and-answer session at New York's Carnegie Hall. It instantly hurtled around the internet and the world. News websites in China and Germany announced starkly: 'JK Rowling: "Dumbledore is gay".' One blogger wrote on a fansite: 'My head is spinning. Wow. One more reason to love gay men.'

After reading briefly from her mega-selling book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, on Friday night, Rowling took questions from an audience of 1,600 students. A 19-year-old from Colorado asked about the avuncular headmaster of Hogwarts School: 'Did Dumbledore, who believed in the prevailing power of love, ever fall in love himself?'

The author replied: 'My truthful answer to you...I always thought of Dumbledore as gay.' The audience reportedly fell silent - then erupted into prolonged applause.

Rowling, 42, continued: 'Dumbledore fell in love with Grindelwald [a bad wizard he defeated long ago], and that added to his horror when Grindelwald showed himself to be what he was. To an extent, do we say it excused Dumbledore a little more because falling in love can blind us to an extent, but he met someone as brilliant as he was and, rather like Bellatrix, he was very drawn to this brilliant person and horribly, terribly let down by him.'

She added: 'Yeah, that's how I always saw Dumbledore. In fact, recently I was in a script read-through for the sixth film, and they had Dumbledore saying a line to Harry early in the script saying, "I knew a girl once, whose hair..." I had to write a little note in the margin and slide it along to the scriptwriter, "Dumbledore's gay!"'

Amazed by the warm reaction of the audience, Rowling, on her first US tour in seven years, joked: 'Just imagine the fan fiction now.'
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

grand theft sparrow

The Halloween parade in the Village this year is gonna be chock full o' Dumbledores, that's for sure. 

72teeth

I'm sorry if this has already been discused, and if it hasn't, then I'm sorry that i haven't already shared this with you family, but

THIS
is amazing...

WPDR is what you get when a deadbeat uncle drunkenly stumbles into your room while your sleeping and tries to make up 13 years of absence by telling you a "bedtime story" of a movie half remembered and infuses it with old prison stories... also, that uncle talks like the worlds oldest dork.

this should help out with the HP blues while we wait 11 more months...

enjoy.

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

matt35mm

It's been posted before, but it's worth posting again!

Check out more of Brad Neely's stuff at www.superdeluxe.com.

I especially recommend Babycakes, "Diary #2".  The ending blows my mind.