I got the PDL DVD - The definitive thread

Started by aurora, June 19, 2003, 04:50:16 AM

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

moonshiner

Quote from: bigideasi wonder how they got to the hospital because when they wreck, doesn't the rear left wheel totally bend under?

i once drove my car off about a ten-foot deep ditch going at about 30 or 40 mph, my passenger tire hit a cement culvert pipe and was bent quite a bit, the impact threw my car out of gear....point is i drove out of the ditch and drove up the road about 2 miles, you'd be surprised what a car can endure and still drive....take into consideration my car was a 90 buick century, a beast of a machine R.I.P  :cry:
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

brockly

Cecil

Quote from: Brock LandersMine arrived today.  :-D

what? yawn, im so OVER getting pdl. it came out ages ago.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

©brad

Quote from: moonshiner
Quote from: bigideasi wonder how they got to the hospital because when they wreck, doesn't the rear left wheel totally bend under?

i once drove my car off about a ten-foot deep ditch going at about 30 or 40 mph, my passenger tire hit a cement culvert pipe and was bent quite a bit, the impact threw my car out of gear....point is i drove out of the ditch and drove up the road about 2 miles, you'd be surprised what a car can endure and still drive....take into consideration my car was a 90 buick century, a beast of a machine R.I.P  :cry:

on a related shitty car note story, i just got pulled over last night. was lucky i didnt get a d.u.i. cuz i was intoxicated (done w/ drunk driving, even in the slightest). i was doin 69 in a 55 mph road. it was 3 a.m. i was coming from a bar and the cop is all like "where r u coming from?" and i go "from a bar"-- dumbest response to a question asked by a cop ever, geez. luckily i only got a $103 speeding ticket. my dad is going to beat my ass, i know. word to the wise kiddos; don't drink and drive. stupidest thing in the world.

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"

markums2k

Regarding Kangaroo Jack besting PDL on the sales charts...

Kangaroo Jack has two audio commentaries.  TWO.

Mr. Anderson, you know what needs to be done.

I'm so sick of this superbit shit.  You could encode films at a much smaller bitrate if you know anything at all about digital video.  Ah, the grand illusion of value.  Supersize my DVD, please.  Yeah, those extra fries don't make the sandwich any bigger, do they?

Ravi

Quote from: markums2kRegarding Kangaroo Jack besting PDL on the sales charts...

Kangaroo Jack has two audio commentaries.  TWO.

Mr. Anderson, you know what needs to be done.

I'm so sick of this superbit shit.  You could encode films at a much smaller bitrate if you know anything at all about digital video.  Ah, the grand illusion of value.  Supersize my DVD, please.  Yeah, those extra fries don't make the sandwich any bigger, do they?

Even though Magnolia didn't have a commentary, it had the terrific Magnolia Diary.  The second disc on PDL might as well not even be there.

When my films come out on DVD, I'm gonna do two commentaries, a making-of, deleted scenes, and have MrBurgerKing do a third commentary.

chainsmoking insomniac

--Morgan Freeman, Se7en

ono

Quote from: RaviWhen my films come out on DVD, I'm gonna do two commentaries, a making-of, deleted scenes, and have MrBurgerKing do a third commentary.
I second Ghoulardi Goon's ":lol:"  Brilliant idea!  Fast food and film philosophy rolled into one.  Tasty.

markums2k

What was that movie that had Carrot Top doing a commentary?  Rules of Attraction?  That was such a terrible idea.  Now the Kung Pow commentaries... that's inspired right there.

There are so many things I want to do with DVD, I can't WAIT to get an opportunity.  I've somehow lost interest in deleted scenes (I think the Road to Perdition DVD is at fault), but I definitely want to include all sorts of documentaries and screen tests.  And not those horrible HBO first look 'documentaries'.  When someone gets their ass kissed THAT MUCH, it should be rated xxx.  

Okay, I'm too angry.  Time to leave the site alone for a while.  :-D

jokerspath

Quick question: besides the Spinal Tap DVD, does anyone know of any other DVDs that have commentaries of people in character?  I know one of the Coen's DVDs had one, though it wasn't a character from their movies...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

tpfkabi

i think one of the Muppet DVD's has a commentary by Kermit tne Frog and Miss Piggy........seriously
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Fernando

From ptanderson.com.

"The PDL DVD drops to #8 on the DVD/VHS rental chart for the week ending July 27h. PDL earned $7.48 million in rental revenue for the week. Total revenue stands at $44.8 million. On the DVD sales chart, it it dropped out of the Top 25 for the week ending July 19th."

So, those rental figures are pretty good isn't it? Or how can it be compared to... let's say box office is compared to budget and marketing cost and you are able to know if the film did well, broke even or lost, so in the case of PDL, when would you say the dvd did really good?