Paul newman

Started by AlguienEstolamiPantalones, August 17, 2003, 01:24:10 PM

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

2003 is a weird yeara nd we may lose this great man so lets give him his props while he still around

i fucking love paul newman

color of money slap shot hud Cool hand luke the hustler  etc etc

he is what i like in a actor, just mellow cool on point, matthew mccahaney could be like him when he ages a bit

i like crazy fuckers too, but for other reasons they are just fun

but newman is differnt, i pray i get the chance to work with him

i love slap shot, so much and fuck you if you dont think color of money  rules

SoNowThen

Yeah, I was watching an A&E thing on him and they said that he had a string of "bad films" and listed Slap Shot among them. I went fucking apeshit. What the fuck? What slimy no-sense-of-humor cocksucker would call Slap Shot a bad movie. Die.

His glasses in Color Of Money are the best.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Quote from: SoNowThenYeah, I was watching an A&E thing on him and they said that he had a string of "bad films" and listed Slap Shot among them. I went fucking apeshit. What the fuck? What slimy no-sense-of-humor cocksucker would call Slap Shot a bad movie. Die.

His glasses in Color Of Money are the best.

what the fuck would call slap shot a bad movie, not what ???? :: looks for his musket::

Gamblour.

It's really weird...when I think of Paul Newman, I think of his face from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. But, it's surprising for me to see him in movies like Road to Perdition, to see how much he's aged from the handsome actor to an old man. I agree, the man is the fucking shit.
WWPTAD?

mindfuck

Don't forget the onscreen chemistry he always had with Robert Redford. Seeing them work together is amazing. I can't think of a better duo in all of cinema.

Quote from: mindfuckDon't forget the onscreen chemistry he always had with Robert Redford. Seeing them work together is amazing. I can't think of a better duo in all of cinema.

i cant say enough about the man i just thank god he made so many great movies for us to enjoy and may he live to be 100

cine

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesfuck you if you dont think color of money  rules

I don't think Colour of Money rules because I think "The Hustler" rules over it. On top of that, I think Newman was worthy of the Best Actor Oscar for the original movie over Max Schell.. It was an injustice for him to be awarded the Oscar for the sequel when that spot really belonged to Dexter Gordon for Round Midnight. So its not Newman's fault.. Scorsese made a lesser movie and Newman made a lesser performance. But I never expected Newman to make a greater performance out of the sequel anyhow. I wish there never was a sequel to begin with. I loved the story of The Hustler for what it was and didn't want to see any continuation out of Fast Eddie's story. I thought the ending of Hustler was poetic and appropriate and not worth a part 2. That's my take. If someone wants to say 'fuck you' to me because thats how *I* choose to respect Paul Newman as an actor, then so be it.

Vile5

Newman is a god
and i'm sure nobody will be able to be like him
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Quote from: Vile5Newman is a god
and i'm sure nobody will be able to be like him

i love the guy, and i know i wont be able to work with him, but ya know what pta got robbards before he died

but newman is so much better

but robards would of and did play the part better then newman could

weird huh, newman is the better actor yet robards in my opinion would be the better earl partridge, its because robards had that cocky look to him that is now humbled

imagine the boss in philadelphia, dieing of aids PAYBACK MOTHERFUCKER

and earl was a bastard he left his wife and son , and his young son had to take care of his dieing mom

earl knew it, he was gonna pay ( had i directed that scene i would of added tom cruise spitting in earls face in the begining, but thats me)

im sorry back to paul newman the man is a god

chainsmoking insomniac

Cool Hand Luke.  Need we say more?
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

mindfuck

Quote from: chainsmoking romanticCool Hand Luke.  Need we say more?

No. We need not. Easily one of the greatest performances of the 60s.

Quote from: chainsmoking romanticCool Hand Luke.  Need we say more?

one of the all time great films ever, he took a beating from george kennedy and still wouldnt go down because he had a lot of heart and in th end he won them all over, yet the warden jeremy blackman kept trying to bring him down

i like that movie and it gives me inspiration

Find Your Magali

I love Newman when he's playing a loser.

Just a fantastic drunken performance in "The Verdict." He might have won that year if not for Gandhi.

And "Nobody's Fool" is just a tremendously fun movie, sparked by Newman.

Myxo

Paul Newman Winding Down Acting Career

LONDON - Paul Newman, the movie legend whose piercing blue eyes have lit up screens for five decades, says he'll give up the activities he once described as his two great passions — acting and motor racing.

"I think both are winding down," Newman told The Associated Press during an interview Friday. "I'll probably race for another year."

Fans need not despair just yet. The iconic star of "The Hustler" and "Cool Hand Luke" says he plans to make one last film — "for good luck."

He won't say what it is, but hints that a long-rumored reunion with Robert Redford, his co-star in "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" and "The Sting," may yet happen.

"I hate to talk about anything until the papers are drawn up, but we've been looking for something for 20 years and now we're looking harder," Newman said. "I hope something will come of it."

Newman, whose film career began in 1954 with "The Silver Chalice" — a costume drama he quickly disowned — has been a motorsports fan since he starred in the 1969 racing film "Winning" and still competes regularly. In January he escaped injury when the car he was testing caught fire following a spin at Daytona International Speedway.

But he plans to give up the thrill of the track to spend more time with his wife of 47 years, Joanne Woodward.

"Joanne is the artistic director of the Westport Country Playhouse (a theater near the couple's Connecticut home) and her duties will stop this year," Newman said. "If my racing stops, the two of us will be together, spend some time just horsing around."

In London to promote a deal between his Newman's Own range of salad dressings and fast-food giant McDonald's, Newman sat Friday in a McDonald's branch on London's busy Oxford Street, surrounded by fast-food executives and a British TV crew.

The actor, who turned 80 in January, moves a little stiffly and strains to hear occasionally. But his clear skin and sparkling eyes are as vivid as ever, and his passion for his business and his charitable work is undimmed.

Newman's salad dressings, pasta sauces and popcorn have raised $175 million for charity since he and friend A.E. Hotchner started the company as a lark in 1980, offering Newman's homemade dressing for sale in a few shops near his Westport, Conn., home.

The company now produces dozens of products. Newman says he still tastes every batch of their products, and all profits go to charity.

The company has supplied McDonald's restaurants in the United States with salad dressing since 2003; a range of low-fat Newman's Own dressings will be available in British, Irish and Danish branches of the chain starting in June.

Regularly voted among the greatest movie stars of all time — he ranked No. 1 in a 2001 British survey of screen legends — Newman has been nominated nine times for acting Oscars (news - web sites), and won the best actor prize in 1986 for "The Color of Money."

But he says he's proudest of his charity work, especially the summer camps for seriously ill children in the United States, Britain, Ireland Israel, France and southern Africa.

MacGuffin

Redford and Newman may pair up again on screen

Robert Redford may soon be reunited on screen with Paul Newman but don't expect a sequel to "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" or "The Sting," which paired one of Hollywood's most popular double acts three decades ago.

"All these years went by and nobody came up with any ideas that were anything but corny and kind of low grade so we just decided probably that wasn't going to happen," Redford said.

"But now there's something rolling around that we're talking about it, and the real question is whether he can remember his lines or not," the 68-year-old Redford said in a dig at Newman who turned 80 this year.

Media reports earlier this year suggested the two would pair up in an adaptation of Bill Bryson's travel book "A Walk in the Woods," the story of the author's hike through the American wilderness with a friend.

Redford said he was superstitious about discussing details of projects that were not finalized.

"I think Paul and I are probably alike in that we're reluctant to talk about something that is not real yet, but we are talking about it," he told reporters in New York while promoting his new film "An Unfinished Life."

Redford said it was surprising considering Hollywood's penchant for remakes that nothing had come to fruition since the mob and gambling film "The Sting" in 1973 and the 1969 hit "Butch Cassidy," about two bank robbers who flee to Bolivia.

"The stuff that came to us wasn't any good," Redford said. "(They said) can you do a sequel to 'The Sting?' No, leave that one alone ... don't try to milk it."

"What about a sequel to 'Butch Cassidy?' Well the guys died in it, what is it going to be, a spiritual film? Well how about a prequel? That's pretty desperate."

One film that he is planning a sequel to is "The Candidate" from 1972, in which he played a Democratic Party candidate for the Senate who has no hope of winning and who finds his ideals compromised by the realities of politics.

Redford said in the sequel he will play the same character 30 years on, who is now president of the United States.

"Right now I'm frightened for my country," he said in one of several political asides during a news conference by the actor who makes no secret of his liberal leanings.

"Actors have every right to speak out but they carry more responsibility to know what they're talking about," he told Reuters in an interview, adding that he enjoyed "lobbing grenades from a distance."

But he said he had no intention of stepping into active politics like action star Arnold Schwarzenegger, who is now governor of California.

"I would have to be just consumed with ego and self-absorption. When you enter the political arena it's so full of compromise and so full of knots, you tie yourself up," he said.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks