Living in the Material World: George Harrison

Started by MacGuffin, September 26, 2007, 09:40:35 PM

mogwai

Thought it was great even though it jumped quite "fast" through the events of his life and career. Mind you, this is a very long doc and you can definitely see and feel a Scorsese vibe through it. Even though he didn't shoot the archive footage he definitely edited them together like he edits and directs his own movies. Best moment is Ringo Starr tearing up at the end.

SiliasRuby

Just a extremely beautiful documentary. I was crying with Ringo by the end. Really affected me...
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Alexandro

I agree with the last two posts here...This film just took me by surprise in how good and moving it actually is. Very early on I felt it was special but as you guys say, by the end it was hard not to feel like crying along with Ringo. I knew quite a lot about the events narrated here, but Scorsese manages to turn a known story into a personal spiritual odyssey not unlike Last Temptation. He just seems completely in synchrony with his subject. To me this is as good as No Direction Home, if not better just because of the shameless amount of honest sentiment it carries.