björk

Started by mogwai, March 03, 2007, 03:58:16 PM

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on April 26, 2007, 06:46:55 PM
Quote from: Pubrick on April 06, 2007, 10:50:18 PM
hey, so when can i steal this?

if you're quick, right now.
thanks so much!

EDIT: hey, so when can i steal this at better quality than 128 bitrate?
under the paving stones.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

EDIT: hey, so when can i steal this at better quality than 128 bitrate?

:violin:
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

it just leaked properly
context, context, context.

i have to admit i've never been a true true bjork fan but this album is the one i've liked the most from start to finish on a first listen. it makes me think a lot about the ocean and those duets with antony are both brilliant works of art.
context, context, context.

mogwai

Quote from: mogwai on April 08, 2007, 12:15:35 PMthe video is probably going to future a lot of scenes with björk stumbling through woods and shit.

it has trees and shit, and a giant head of björk though.

Pubrick

i've seen that video a few times now on tv and i can't get over how weird her face looks at the end. manly even.

also, what the fuck is going on?
under the paving stones.

tpfkabi

anyone up to speed on the special cd/dvd edition set to come out in the us in two weeks? i'm not all about paying double just for a 5.1 surround mix.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

MacGuffin

Bjork Disses Bob Dylan, Plans Tour
Source: Rollling Stone

"Sometimes the recording of the album is just the beginning," says Bjork when asked about her upcoming world tour, which has her trekking across Europe for the outdoor festival circuit. "You don't know which song is going to grow and change after being played very, very many times." The live versions of the songs from her awesomely experimental new disc Volta may very well sound different when she circles back to play the Austin City Limits in September. At the fest, Bjork will share the stage with none other than Bob Dylan, which got us talking about whether she's excited to share the stage with the big man. Not so much: "I've never really gotten into him," she says. "His voice is too nasal. And it's like literature music. Quite boring three-chord structures serve as a bed for words. I'm too much of a music lover for that to happen." This isn't the first time the sprite has expressed her distaste for rock music, but dang! Them's fighting words! We sooo predict a Bjork-Bob smackdown. You heard it here first.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

oh my god, she's GT.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Björk Rips into Kiwi

Björk has given new meaning to the phrase "thunder from Down Under."

The pint-sized Icelandic singer attacked a newspaper photographer in New Zealand Sunday after he attempted to get a few shots off upon her arrival at Auckland International Airport, per local media reports.

New Zealand Herald shutterbug Glenn Jeffrey told his country's Press Association news agency that he had simply snapped a few pictures of Björk when she all of a sudden grabbed him and ripped his T-shirt.

"As I turned and walked away she came up behind me, grabbed the back of my black skivvy and tore it," Jeffrey, 25, said. "As she did this she fell over, she fell to the ground."

"At no stage did I touch her or speak with her," he added.

Jeffrey said that the "It's Oh So Quiet" songstress didn't say anything, but that he could hear her male companion saying, "B, don't do this, B, don't do this."

An airport spokeswoman told reporters that there is video footage of the incident in case police request it. (But in case they don't, you can still see it on YouTube.)

Jeffrey has spoken to the cops, but as yet it's unknown whether any further action will be taken.

"I don't see being assaulted as I'm working as a press photographer as an acceptable thing," Jeffrey said. "If anybody assaults anybody you have the right to a legal recourse, whoever they are."

Per the Herald, Björk also went postal on a reporter in 1996 when the hapless journalist tried to ask the 12-time Grammy nominee's then-10-year-old son Sindri a question. The Dancer in the Dark star later apologized and no charges were ever filed.

The allegedly volatile chanteuse is in town to perform at the Big Day Out music festival on Friday. The annual event sets up shop in both New Zealand and Australia and she is among the artists set to appear in both countries. Other headliners this year include Rage Against the Machine, Arcade Fire and LCD Soundsystem.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

hedwig

Quote from: MacGuffin on January 14, 2008, 12:22:02 AM
The allegedly volatile chanteuse is in town to perform at the Big Day Out music festival on Friday. The annual event sets up shop in both New Zealand and Australia

hey pubrick, you better the leave the camera at home unless you wanna get BJÖRKED THE FUCK OUT.

Quote from: MacGuffin on January 14, 2008, 12:22:02 AM
the "It's Oh So Quiet" songstress

haha, they could've used a better song to point out the irony here. it's funny to get attacked by the "All is Full of Love" songstress.

i don't think the video's online yet. in the meantime: Björk Song - Matt Besser.

tpfkabi

there must be no video of this...
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Lottery

Quote6 songs written by björk, 2 songs co-written with arca, 1 with john flynn
string arrangements by björk
6 songs produced by björk & arca, 1 by björk & arca & the haxan cloak, 2 by björk
mixed by the haxan cloak except 2 songs mixed by the haxan cloak and chris elms
mastered by mandy parnell

Lottery

Still need to sit with this for a while but it's pretty good. String and beat driven, very emotional. It doesn't match any of her hat-trick albums (Post-Homogenic-Vespertine) and folks say it's a kind of dark Vespertine with hints of Homogenic. This comparison makes sense due to the strings, melodic ideas and emotional honesty of the album but overall I don't think they're entirely appropriate. Those albums felt fresh, innovative and a bit poppier. The structures on this record are lengthy and recall the hard-to-pin flow of the previous album. I think my favourite track is the last one. More listens will happen in the future.