Best Cover

Started by kotte, November 03, 2003, 03:56:26 PM

Raikus

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Quote from: Gloria
Quote from: BethieJoss Stone - Fell in Love With a Boy (The White Stripes)

:yabbse-thumbup:
:yabbse-thumbdown:
There are not enough  :yabbse-thumbdown:'s in the world to accurately describe that turd of a song.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

El Duderino

Quote from: Raikus

There are not enough  :yabbse-thumbdown:'s in the world to accurately describe that turd of a song.
:yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Pas

Quote from: El Duderino
Quote from: Raikus

:yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:  :yabbse-thumbdown:

LMAO LMAO omg omg

cine

Girls will be girls. That's all I can say about that.

pete

"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

mogwai

ryan adams - wonderwall

godardian

Morrissey has recently been including a pretty fantastic cover of Raymonde's "No-One Holds a Candle to You" in his set list.

Other Moz covers:

w/ The Smiths:

-"What's the World?" - James
-"Golden Lights" - Twinkle
-"Work is a Four-Letter Word" - Cilla Black
-"His Latest Flame" - Elvis Presley

Solo:

-"East West" - Herman's Hermits
-"That's Entertainment" - The Jam
-"Trash" - The New York Dolls
-"Skin Storm" - Bradford
-"Cosmic Dancer" - T. Rex
-"My Insatiable One" - Suede
-"Drive-In Saturdays" - David Bowie
-"Nothing Rhymed" - Gilbert O'Sullivan

...and of course, Nancy Sinatra has recorded a cover of "Let Me Kiss You" from You Are the Quarry
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Pubrick

oh, so u like morrissey?
under the paving stones.

godardian

Quote from: Pubrickoh, so u like morrissey?

:oops:  Does it show?
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

bonanzataz

Quote from: pete"GIRLS WILL BE GIRLS"

did this movie come out in theaters? i saw a workprint of it a while ago. kind of falls apart and loses its novelty after the first half hour.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

El Duderino

Quote from: bonanzataz
Quote from: pete"GIRLS WILL BE GIRLS"

did this movie come out in theaters?

perhaps it was too "brilliantly bitchy"
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: Pas Rapport

Neon Mercury is underrated.

i just saw this!!!.thanks man.........i agree.. :yabbse-grin:

xiu xiu - ceremony    

oh my gOD.
context, context, context.

Finn

Great Tori Amos mp3 covers!

"Philadelphia" - Neil Young cover

"Daniel" - Elton John cover

"Streets of Philadelphia" - Bruce Springsteen cover

more here....
http://www.collectingbees.com/downloads/covers.html
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

mogwai

aw man, tori amos cover of neil young's philadelphia is more touching than the original. :cry: