Cinematik

Started by Brazoliange, June 19, 2006, 09:55:59 PM

Brazoliange

So I stumbled upon a neat little site named Cinematik. I thought you guys would enjoy  :yabbse-wink:. Hope to see some of you there!
Long live the New Flesh

Pubrick

Quote from: Brazoliange on June 19, 2006, 09:55:59 PM
So I stumbled upon a neat little site named Cinematik. I thought you guys would enjoy  :yabbse-wink:. Hope to see some of you there!
what the fuck is that? half the posts are about police raids and the rest are unreadable unless i sign up.

i assume it's for stealing ripped movies. that's fucking pathetic, seriously. movies are the one thing that are still worth at least RENTING, not seeing some ripped piece of shit. music and TV shows and all that are fair game, the latter is free anyway.
under the paving stones.

matt35mm

For once, Pubrick is right.

Don't steal movies.  Don't do drugs.  Stay in school.

Brazoliange

Quote from: Pubrick on June 20, 2006, 12:32:12 AM
what the fuck is that? half the posts are about police raids and the rest are unreadable unless i sign up.

i assume it's for stealing ripped movies. that's fucking pathetic, seriously. movies are the one thing that are still worth at least RENTING, not seeing some ripped piece of shit. music and TV shows and all that are fair game, the latter is free anyway.

They're 1:1 DVD ISOs (which you can then burn and work just like a regular DVD) of good movies, Criterions, a good variety of foreign films, etc.

Sorry I don't have a job/extra money to collect my DVDs legitly like most of you. It's really handy for getting copies of OOP stuff (like an ISO of the Criterion Salo) too. Whatever judgement call you guys want to pass, I just thought a number of you would really enjoy it (the community is pretty friendly too).
Long live the New Flesh

RegularKarate

Quote from: Brazoliange on June 20, 2006, 02:20:31 AM
Quote from: Pubrick on June 20, 2006, 12:32:12 AM

They're 1:1 DVD ISOs (which you can then burn and work just like a regular DVD) of good movies, Criterions, a good variety of foreign films, etc.

Sorry I don't have a job/extra money to collect my DVDs legitly like most of you. It's really handy for getting copies of OOP stuff (like an ISO of the Criterion Salo) too. Whatever judgement call you guys want to pass, I just thought a number of you would really enjoy it (the community is pretty friendly too).

My judgement is that you are on a movie site with filmmakers telling us that you steal movies and that makes you equal to shit stains on a carpet.

I think I should probably lock this thread.

Ravi

Quote from: RegularKarate on June 21, 2006, 02:32:06 PM
I think I should probably lock this thread.

Or start an "I Just Downloaded..." thread.

modage

i'll just say that the only possible use for this is finding stuff that isnt in your region or does not exist on dvd.  (like Faster Pussycat! Kill! Kill! which i did recently watch.)   :oops:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Quote from: modage on June 21, 2006, 08:53:11 PM
stuff that isnt in your region
wow so americans havn't caught up with the rest of the world in muilti-region dvd player technology? everyone else has to deal with the fact that region 1 often has the best version of a dvd release, in extras, sound and image quality. once in a while R2 and the rest surpass it, is it that hard to get "contraband" products the US?? try being somewhere where the postage costs $10US for a f*cking toothpick. (except for hedwig, how's the lost highway dvd?)

this thread is tearing us apart worse than that barnyard noise guessing game.
under the paving stones.

Ravi

Quote from: Pubrick on June 21, 2006, 09:31:09 PM
wow so americans havn't caught up with the rest of the world in muilti-region dvd player technology?

I got a region-free Cyberhome DVD player for $30-40, and region-free software for the computer is easily downloadable.  The only non-R1 DVDs I have right now are the Apu Trilogy, but there are a few others on my wish list.

pete

I don't really mind bootlegging.  it's just really hard to rent a lot of foreign films uncut in America.  sometimes they're 2-3 years behind.  A lot of great critics and filmmakers watch bootlegged movies, so yeah.
However, I do also blind buy DVDs on ebay a lot.  There are quite a few sellers on Ebay who specialize in ripping and then subtitling great foreign DVDs and then selling them.  The money still doesn't go back to the producers. but yeah.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton