The worst films you love?

Started by Dtm115300, January 15, 2005, 03:39:37 PM

modage

just because they dont fit the snob criteria doesnt make them bad.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Myxo

Quote from: themodernage02just because they dont fit the snob criteria doesnt make them bad.

..it doesn't make them bad either..

;)

soixante

Per a previous post, there's an overlap in casting in Under Siege and The Fugitive because they were both directed by Andrew Davis.

I forgot about Sylvester Stallone's body of work -- Over The Top, Cobra, Lockup, Nighthawks, Victory, Tango and Cash, Rhinestone and Stop or My Mom Will Shoot.  He sings the title song for Paradise Alley, his directorial debut.
Music is your best entertainment value.

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: soixantePer a previous post, there's an overlap in casting in Under Siege and The Fugitive because they were both directed by Andrew Davis.

I should have known that, but gracias.

And also, all movies in this thread that were defended as good movies I would argue as being very bad. For Cruel Intentions, Stanley Kauffmann put it best when he observed that it was better back in the days when high school students were allowed to take over the city government for a day, instead of remaking French novels. The result of Cruel Intentions is pure guilty pleasure because nothing in the film strikes any chord of authenticity. That being said, I enjoyed the film for its bad taste.

grand theft sparrow

And anything with Rob Schneider in it. :oops:

Raikus

Hackers
Empire Records
Army of Darkness
The Big Hit

I don't think these are awful movies by any means (except for the Big Hit) but definitely not up for any Academy noms.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

soixante

Cheesy 80's musicals like Can't Stop the Music and Xanadu are worthy of inclusion in one's viewing schedule.

It is funny that some respectable movies I liked, such as Remains of the Day, I've only seen once, but I've seen Days of Thunder, Return of the Jedi and Cannonball Run multiple times, even though they suck.  One could surmise that bad movies sometimes offer more entertainment value than high-quality costume dramas.

soixante

Staying Alive, directed by Sylverster Stallone, is awful -- and I've seen it more than once.  When this film was a hit, Paramount considered teaming Stallone and Travolta to do Godfather III.

Alethia

Quote from: themodernage02just because they dont fit the snob criteria doesnt make them bad.

yeah, the movies i'm talking about don't fit what you would consider the snob criteria either.  i really think it's funny that some think that this so called snob criteria is what i live by, too.

Stefen

10 Things I Hate About You.

Clay Pigeons.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

The best bad movie EVER

I've seen this like 2000 times

Myxo

Alethia

Myxo

Dtm115300

I thought army of darkness was pretty good.  That might just be because i like Sam Raimi's work though.