mandarin

Started by mutinyco, November 01, 2004, 09:01:47 PM

The Silver Bullet

Tarantino has about as much new and interesting stuff to say as this post does.
RABBIT n. pl. rab·bits or rabbit[list=1]
  • Any of various long-eared, short-tailed, burrowing mammals of the family Leporidae.
  • A hare.
    [/list:o][/size]

pete

it's like "house of flying daggers" after Hero or Ang Lee preparing to shoot another kungfu movie - non-martial arts directors love the idea of getting a world-renowned choreographer and DP to do all the dirty work for him, to just list these vague ideas regarding sensibilities and aesthetics and to garner critical acclaim and to think that they were the ones who made it all happen 'cause they shouted "cut" when their action figures' gears unwind at the end of the shot.
I'd like to see them shoot a fight scene the way jackie chan or lau karleung or any of their choreographer monkeys do.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

MacGuffin

Monkeypeaches.com reports that the chinese model Li Xin is set to have a role in Tarantino's upcoming Mandarin Kung Fu project, and Donnie Yen was also mentioned.

China born ex-supermodel just said in Beijing that Quentin Tarantino had asked her to the title role in his untitled project about Chinese Kung-Fu. She said Tarantino approached her after watched French movie Double Zéro, in which she played a sexy secret agent.

Li said Tarantino gave her a draft of the script. Martial-art star Donnie Yen also said there was a good chance that he would work with Tarantino but he did not say more.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

finlayr

I've been unable to find the Sunny Road to Saline from KILL BILL on the internet.  if someone has it on limewire or kazaa or something, please go on the internet and i'll download it!!!  I'm starting to drool...
Filmmaker

Pubrick

Quote from: finlayrplease go on the internet and i'll download it!!!
yeah, put down the print version of this site and get online!
under the paving stones.

Gabe

Mandarin is the widest spoken language in the world
864 million

Pubrick

Quote from: BorjabahMandarin is the widest spoken language in the world
864 million
yeah but it's only in like eight countries, 7 of which are meaningless after China's population. so it's not very "wide".  

as opposed to Spanish (30 countries) and English (52).
under the paving stones.

matt35mm

Quote from: BorjabahMandarin is the widest spoken language in the world
864 million
I'm one of 'em.  It's fairly "wide;" it's spoken all over the world, whether or not it's the official language.  True, English is probably the most widely spoken language in the world, but we all know what Borjabah meant anyway.

Pubrick

Quote from: matt35mmbut we all know what Borjabah meant anyway.
i don't think borjabah meant anything.
under the paving stones.

pete

Quote from: MacGuffin

she certainly has that uma thurman-eyes-just-a-little-too-far-apart look going.  I bet QT would love bruce lee's elvis painting.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Quote from: petebruce lee's elvis painting.
out of context this is a surreal sentence.