Farscape

Started by LostEraser, June 01, 2004, 11:58:21 PM

LostEraser

I did a search and couldn't find a thread for this show. Is anyone a fan? I've never seen it but my friend keeps telling me I'd love it. And it was in the top five cult tv shows of all time in this weeks tv guide. So I'm curious. I've heard it's very symbolic and intellegent and not like your usual sci fi tv show at all. Anyone out there seen it?
Capra tells us that, in effect, love's dreams are only dreams and that they will never quite bear translation into practical forms of relationship and expression. They will never be realized in the world but only in our consciousness and in our most daring and glorious works of art - but that, for Capra, is no reason to abandon love's dreams.
--Ray Carney, American Vision: The Films Of Frank Capra

Jeremy Blackman

I've seen a couple episodes. Cheesy, obnoxious, and boring.

Pubrick

ur friend is insulting u.
under the paving stones.

Ravi

It's no Shorties Watching Shorties.

LostEraser

Haha! Thanks guys. I probably won't check it out then. I don't even really like sci fi. I don't know why she was raving about it to me. And she brought it up while I was talking about Twin Peaks, so it's even more insulting!
Capra tells us that, in effect, love's dreams are only dreams and that they will never quite bear translation into practical forms of relationship and expression. They will never be realized in the world but only in our consciousness and in our most daring and glorious works of art - but that, for Capra, is no reason to abandon love's dreams.
--Ray Carney, American Vision: The Films Of Frank Capra

Raikus

It's definitely a good show. It takes a bit of investment to get into it though. There are a lot of characters who interact in each episode and tons of backstory that is helpful to know because it's reference.

Personally, it was my favorite sci-fi show. Not that that is saying much since I'm not a huge sci-fi fan, but it certainly wasn't what people have mentioned here so far.

Give it a shot, and by all that is holy watch it chronologically.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Raikus

The first half of the 4 hour miniseries aired last night on Sci-Fi. The other half airs tonight at 9.

Whether or not your a fan of the show, people should appreciate that a fan base basically made this happen. They were able to keep the show alive by petitions. letters and ads in order for someone else to finance a rightful ending to the series.

I know I'm happy.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.