Conan or Kilborn

Started by Tictacbk, April 05, 2004, 06:42:10 PM

godardian

Neither, really, though I'd choose Conan if I HAD to choose.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Pubrick

Quote from: godardianNeither, really, though I'd choose Conan if I HAD to choose.
sorry rosie wasn't an option..  :(
under the paving stones.

El Duderino

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: godardianNeither, really, though I'd choose Conan if I HAD to choose.

or caroline.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

ono

Quote from: El Duderino

or caroline.
You killed another joke.  :(  (And P thought I was bad.)

Pas

Quote from: Onomatopoeia

or caroline.

I smell a "joke killer" custom title

cine

Quote from: Pas Rapport
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaYou killed another joke.  :(  (And P thought I was bad.)
ba dum ching!

Gold Trumpet

I can actually agree with not wanting to choose either, but Kilborn sometimes makes me laugh and I like his cockiness. My perfect late night talk show host would be Dennis Miller. and yes, even if he's conservative now.

El Duderino

or caroline.

if that were so, then i'd have to make my rep by killing jokes, so i'd kill every joke on the forum. :roll:
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Pubrick

or caroline.

if that were so, then i'd have to make my rep by killing jokes, so i'd kill every joke on the forum. :roll:
actually u already proved that rep, so any further joke killings would be ironic at best. a strange thing happens when a person gets a True rank like that.. GT became likeable after he became Director of Lameography, ShanghaiOrange's sadness lost its edge when he became :(, Duck Sauce stopped PMing ppl when he became "Lonely? PM me now", and Chest Rockwell (llewkcoR tsehC) totally relaxed after his rank of Mini-Ebeaman showed him the terrifying light of truth.

if only ur rank would hav the same effect, i would consider it. u've definitely earned it notoriously as they did.. u make onomatopaiea look like stefen.
under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

Exit at CBS: Kilborn going off 'Late' shift
Source: Hollywood Reporter

After five years in late night, Craig Kilborn is exiting as host of CBS' "The Late, Late Show With Craig Kilborn."

A CBS spokesman confirmed late Thursday that Kilborn had informed the network that he would not seek a renewal of his contract, which is believed to expire this year. The spokesman declined to elaborate.

Sources familiar with the situation said the parting was amicable. One source said Kilborn's reps had sought a hefty salary increase for a new contract with CBS, but other sources discounted how much of a factor salary negotiations were in Kilborn's decision to move on.

CBS is not believed to have a replacement for Kilborn lined up for the show, which follows "Late Show With David Letterman" in the 12:35 a.m. time slot. Letterman's Worldwide Pants production banner has the right to produce the show in that time slot per Letterman's contract with CBS.

Kilborn took over "Late, Late Show" in April 1999 after Tom Snyder exited the post-Letterman slot on CBS. A former ESPN anchor, Kilborn first garnered attention for his comedy skills during his 1996-99 stint as the original host of Comedy Central's mock newscast "The Daily Show."

During Kilborn's tenure, "Late, Late Show" has been a steady performer for CBS, though it has consistently run second in the time slot to NBC's "Late Night With Conan O'Brien." During the past 12 months, "Late, Late Show" has averaged 1.6 million viewers each night, compared with 2.5 million for NBC's "Late Night."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

lamas

bring back Tom Snyder and his cigarettes!

cine

Aw, Craig...

YOU SUCK!

MacGuffin

Kilborn fill-ins invited back
Source: Associated Press

"The Late Late Show" is asking four guest hosts to stay a little longer.

Actors Craig Ferguson and Michael Ian Black, comedian D.L. Hughley and MTV "Total Request Live" host Damien Fahey have been invited back for one-week tryouts as host of the CBS late-night talk show, which is searching for a replacement for Craig Kilborn.

Ferguson is up first, starting next week, followed by Hughley, Fahey and Black.

The talk show, which follows "Late Show With David Letterman," is produced by Letterman's company, Worldwide Pants. Tom Keaney, spokesman for Worldwide Pants, said the four semifinalists were among the 20 people who filled in on the show this fall. The company hopes to announce its selection next month, he said.

Kilborn left at the end of August, saying he wanted to pursue writing and producing other TV projects.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

meatball

David Duchovny did a good job as fill-in. Get him.

MacGuffin

'Late Late' news: Host is Ferguson

It looks like Craig Ferguson can get comfortable behind the host's desk on "The Late Late Show."

Sources said CBS has settled on Ferguson to replace Craig Kilborn as host of the late-night talk show, which follows "Late Show With David Letterman" in the 12:35 a.m. slot.

CBS declined comment Monday.

Kilborn exited in August after five years of hosting the show. Following his departure, more than 20 guest hosts appeared on the show until early last month, when the network whittled the field of candidates to four: Ferguson, Damien Fahey, D.L. Hughley and Michael Ian Black. The four finalists were then invited to return for multinight hosting stints last month.

"Late Late Show" is produced by Letterman's Worldwide Pants production banner, which has the right to produce the show in that time slot per Letterman's contract with CBS.

Ferguson's TV credits include "The Drew Carey Show." On the film side, he has appeared in "Saving Grace" and "Chain of Fools" as well as the upcoming "Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events."

Skeleton FilmWorks