DV Movies

Started by Ghostboy, February 24, 2003, 04:23:55 AM

Cecil

Quote from: Duck Sauce
cecil, you really do hate people dont you?

i thought we established this allready  8)

Newtron

Quote from: cecil b. dementedfires and cuddling suck ass.

Cecil

Ernie

Quote from: cecil b. demented
Quote from: Duck Sauce
cecil, you really do hate people dont you?

i thought we established this allready  8)

Lol, a filmmaker that hates people is such a rarity...or is it? I don't even know.

Cecil

Quote from: ebeaman69
Lol, a filmmaker that hates people is such a rarity...or is it?

bunuel?

Bud_Clay

Most enjoyable filmmakers are very cynical...look at Kubrick. Filmmakers who love people are usually very shallow and boring with their movies. Of course when I'm saying "people" I mean the general population.

Ernie

Quote from: Bill MaplewoodMost enjoyable filmmakers are very cynical...look at Kubrick. Filmmakers who love people are usually very shallow and boring with their movies. Of course when I'm saying "people" I mean the general population.

Shit man...I'm going to make shallow and boring movies. You'll still come see them though, right? I'll put nudity in them...female nudity.

Bud_Clay

Shit man...I'm going to make shallow and boring movies. You'll still come see them though, right? I'll put nudity in them...female nudity.

there ARE exceptions of course....um..look at...uhh......hm...i dont know...
look at Spielberg?....doesnt he love people?...he doesnt suck....sometimes.

Ernie

Quote from: Bill Maplewood

there ARE exceptions of course....um..look at...uhh......hm...i dont know...
look at Spielberg?....doesnt he love people?...he doesnt suck....sometimes.

Does PTA hate people? It doesn't seem like it to me. I don't think Cameron Crowe, Wes Anderson or David Gordon Green do either and they're three of my favorite filmmakers. And then yes, Spielberg is a master.

BonBon85

You can't forget one of the most optimistic movies ever that we all know and love: Amelie.

Bud_Clay

Quote from: ebeaman69Does PTA hate people? It doesn't seem like it to me. I don't think Cameron Crowe, Wes Anderson or David Gordon Green do either and they're three of my favorite filmmakers. And then yes, Spielberg is a master.

I really don't know where pta or wes anderson stand in regards to their love of the public. they surely don't seem to aim to please any sort of audience but only themselves..this is why i define spielberg as loving people, because he does seem to try to satisfy his audience rather than himself artistically....more so now than he did in the past. i mean honestly...FLASHLIGHTS REPLACING GUNS!?!?

Pubrick

Quote from: Bill MaplewoodI really don't know where pta or wes anderson stand in regards to their love of the public. they surely don't seem to aim to please any sort of audience but only themselves..this is why i define spielberg as loving people, because he does seem to try to satisfy his audience rather than himself artistically....more so now than he did in the past. i mean honestly...FLASHLIGHTS REPLACING GUNS!?!?
indeed. apart from being a freak, i don't think u can hav much of a career without liking SOME ppl. like von trier gets away with not liking chicks.
under the paving stones.

Cecil

Quote from: Plike von trier gets away with not liking chicks.

what? he doesnt like chicks? where did you read this?

Pubrick

Quote from: cecil b. dementedwhat? he doesnt like chicks? where did you read this?
hah don't get too excited there cecil, he's not gay.

in the making of dancer in the dark he expresses that he prefers to work with dudes, that chicks intimidate him and that he thinks of them as his mother or sumshit :shock: . maybe it's changed since then, but that's what he said. he's cool tho.
under the paving stones.

Cecil

Quote from: P
hah don't get too excited there cecil, he's not gay.

LOL what are you trying to say there?