Wonder Years DVD?

Started by SiliasRuby, February 27, 2004, 02:35:27 AM

NEON MERCURY

.. i aways liked  how one of kevins eyebrows would  jerk up and down during certain emotions or tensions..or odd situations .......is this show in syndication(that means does the reruns still air in some type of network)..? if so help a brother out....and list away.......i need a little help from my friends

Henry Hill

The Wonder Years is a classic. takes me back to my youth. the dvd treatment is way past due. it also has one of the best theme songs by mr. jim croce. i will sign the petition.

Slick Shoes

Something that always makes me laugh is the image of Kevin flinging a spoonful of mashed potatoes at Wayne's face. And then Wayne going, "Tonight... when you sleep...butthead."

bluejaytwist

wow.
thank you.
yes.
well done. snaps to you good sir.
i think this thread should become best quotes from wy

allow me to offerone:

*thunk!*
paul: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZERRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and waynes expression in the plastic red firemans hat

addon:

winnie: 'knock knock'
kevin: 'whos there'
winnie: 'sam and janet'

eyebrow raises, kevin smirks

kevin: 'sssssam and janet who?'
winnie: '*sings* samandjanet-ed evening'
kevinVO: '...some enchanted evening indeed winnie....and as we sat there on that porch swing....' etc etc

stupid winnie.
cigarettes & red vines - pt anderson definitive resource
http://cigsandredvines.blogspot.com

fortyfps productions
http://www.fortyfps.com

modage

winnie cooper broke my heart on a weekly basis, (which i guess was good preparation for the real world).  whenever kevin would get other girlfriends (even when they were hotter) you still wanted him to get winnie, because she was the unattainable.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Pubrick

Where are they now (few years ago)! (information gathered by P)

Winnie Cooper - Danica McKellar

Graduated summa cum laude from UCLA with a BA in mathematics in June 1998.

Is very close to her "Wonder Years, The" (1988) co-star Fred Savage.

Had a 1998 paper published in Britain's "Journal of Physics A: Mathematics & General" with UCLA professor Lincoln Chayes and student Brandy Winn which provided a mathematical proof for a theorem dealing with magnetism in two dimensions.

Is fluent in French.

Was a member of the Alpha Chi chapter of Alpha Delta Pi sorority at UCLA.
--

that's cool, a non-loser child star. apparently she's also on the West Wing.
under the paving stones.

Thrindle

This was an amazing show.  Countless times my family and I would watch this together... and everyone would be teary (well, my dad not so much).  Maybe that's why I loved this show... because Kevin's family was disfunctional... and so was mine... but at least we could all agree on this one tv show.

Anyways, I just wanted to tell everyone that my favorite episode ever was the one where Worm came back from Vietnam.  I recall him getting called "baby killer" and the very last scene is of him and Wayne hugging and sobbing.  

No other show captured a generation so clearly...  In my humble opinion.
Classic.

mogwai

where are they now?

paul pfeiffer - josh saviano

Bruce Lee

mmmm the wonder years, arghhhhhh.
ehem, the boy in it resembled me when i was younger so it made all the more interesting, and god i love the voice in the narration.
if it came out on dvd id hold the hole of the CD close to my crotch and pump away.

mogwai

haha, he has a small one.

Bruce Lee

indeed, im chinese....so don't be racist.

tpfkabi

ahhh, yes.
i don't know about people airing the show now, but Nick at Nite did for a while, as well as TNN (now Spike TV i believe).

what about the episode where Kevin is in the tent with that guy and he gets sucked in/eaten buy a ton of candy.......and the Star Trek one.......and Madeleine........ahh
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

Find Your Magali

Pure speculation, but I'm guessing that the music rights are a big hangup with this one. ... Vintage music was an integral part of almost every show, and if those rights have expired, it could be extremely costly to renew the rights, making a DVD prohibitive.

An unsavory alternative would be to use generic songs in place of the vintage songs used when the episodes were originally aired, but I'm guessing that would have many people throwing hissy-fits.

tpfkabi

yeah, you're probably right.
has there ever been a TV show that used so much pop music?
well, ............all of those WB shows use a lot of pop music and they all release season sets.......sooooo

i hate it when they change the music though......it's just not the same
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: bigideas
i hate it when they change the music though......it's just not the same
Damn Strait.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection