The Who

Started by cine, October 23, 2003, 10:18:57 AM

aclockworkjj

Tommy was the first listen I had of them...and tho not a huge fan...I will still through Tommy in every once in awhile.  I still need to hear more...as other than that, all I have is  By the Numbers (?) or something...

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: mogwaiyou gotta love this one

I have the soundtrack.... it's great.
Si

Pas

Substitute is one of my favorite song

Do you prefer early Who or later Who ? I prefer early, when they sounded more like the beatles.

Sleuth

Tough question...possibly earlier
I like to hug dogs

cine

MacGuffin

Townshend and Daltrey may reunite
From Associated Press

The Who may be returning, again.

In a posting on his website, Pete Townshend says that he and singer Roger Daltrey are planning to get together for the first Who studio album in more than two decades.

"Roger and I [will] meet in mid-December to play what we have written," Townshend, the guitarist and primary songwriter of the group, writes. "If we move ahead from there, we may have a CD ready to release in the spring. My working title for the project — 'Who2' — is only partly tongue-in-cheek."

Despite famously proclaiming "hope I die before I get old" in the song "My Generation," the Who have frequently reunited to perform since disbanding in 1983. But the new album would be the British band's first studio recording since 1982's "It's Hard."

The other two members of the original Who, drummer Keith Moon and bassist John Entwistle, died in 1978 and 2002, respectively.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

mogwai

the who tv

what do you call it? constant streaming? anyways, this is a quite interesting thing where pete townshend and his girlfriend do stuff. no, not that kind of stuff. there's the who videos, pete's girlfriend plays stuff from her solo records, regular chit chat and other stuff. quite cool stuff. stuff stuff stuffitey stuff stuff.

also macfriendly, just download windows media player.