Beatles or Rollingstones

Started by moonshiner, September 11, 2003, 09:14:36 AM

Duck Sauce

Sigur Rós

Blur= The Kinks!!!

You Americans are so used to chose between to things....Pepsi or Coke, Bush or Gore, Basket or Baseball.....Grow up!

Pubrick

Quote from: SigurYou Americans are so used to chose between to things....Pepsi or Coke, Bush or Gore, Basket or Baseball.....Grow up!
hahaha man that is pretty insightful, sigur.  :shock:
under the paving stones.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Phahaha man that is pretty insightful, sigur.  :shock:

I'am going to write a book about it.

Redlum

Oasis = mos def the BEATLES

On the brit-pop documentary 'Live Forever', Noel was taking the piss out Liam cause he used to pay close attention music mags, and at one point thought about telling the rest of the band to start calling him John.

Of course, trying and doing are two different things
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Vile5

Quote from: ®edlumOf course, trying and doing are two different things

well said! i can't stand when Liam wants to be someone he will never be...
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

RegularKarate

This is stupid... and saying Oasis = the Beatles is like saying that The Cars = The Talking Heads... of course they do, that's exactly what they were going for... and they failed... oh 'cept the Cars had some good songs.

And Sigur... I like Dr. Pepper.

Pubrick

Quote from: neatahwantahttp://blackcrowes.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14506
haha, breaking new ground in the field of redirecting.
under the paving stones.

moonshiner

Quote from: Phaha, breaking new ground in the field of redirecting.

unfair, very unfair.....i'd say the Black Crowes' would be Rollingstones

ironically, the man who made this quote at the start of this thread, nearly undefinable

Quote from: RegularKarateThis is stupid

and some people have short attention spans...this aggression will not stand, man
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

RegularKarate

I didn't call YOU stupid... I just meant the whole "Beatles/Rolling Stones" junk.

Stuff is stupid sometimes... we'll survive.

neatahwanta

If you have to actually choose, deserted island and all that, you have to say Beatles.

But the only real answer is "both".

If you're comparing Oasis to The Beatles, please poke your eardrums out with a sharp metal object because you will no longer be needing them....and I should know, because I heard Oasis open up for the Crowes' 4 times, and that was 3 times too many.  Bland, no energy, songs that sound all the same, and blokes who can't play their guitars even as well as Rich Robinson can.  (Rich is an average to below average player, and even he blew them away when the 2 guitar players came out for the blues jam at the end.)

And its not a matter of hating the brothers Gallager (spelling?), because they were actually pretty cool to their fans.

Redlum

Noel = talented
Liam = Idiot . Not that I'd say it to his face.

I remember seeing footage from a recent Who gig at the albert hall and Noel came on to play with them and Townsend said 'thank fuck you didnt bring your borther'.

You cant deny the similarities, not just in their 'looks' but take Dont Look Back in Anger, Little by Little and Stop Crying Your Heart Out. The way the music is written is even similar.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

moonshiner

i don't like the Beatles or the Rollingstones, in a weird way, they're the reason that thousands of people haven't listened to new music for 25-30 years.......i love most Beatles or Rollinstones covers though
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Pubrick

Quote from: moonshineri don't like the Beatles or the Rollingstones, in a weird way, they're the reason that thousands of people haven't listened to new music for 25-30 years
make that millions. ur right tho, interesting..
under the paving stones.