Holy shit the Pixies are black!!!!

Started by European Son, September 10, 2003, 01:55:44 AM

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

so is he now black francis again ??????? and will joey santiago have to take a leave of absesnse from his job at TGIF

ShanghaiOrange

I just listen to Doolittle for the first time today.

The reference to Un Chien Andalou is pretty badass. :(
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

MacGuffin

Pixies Reunion Tour Given Green Light

Billboard reports the much-ballyhooed reunion of seminal alternative rock act the Pixies is getting ready for liftoff.

Beyond a previously announced May 1 appearance at the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif., the group is now confirmed to open for the Red Hot Chili Peppers on June 15 at Paris' Parc Des Princes.

The quartet has not played live together since disbanding in 1993.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

blueminded

good news...I only hope they're still good...or good enough in this re-integration.
you know, this kind of things can bring big surprises.

GoneSavage

I don't even think we will notice if they're good or not, we will be on the verge of implosion/explosion when they walk on stage.  I normally hate reunions but I think this one could go quite well.  Depending on the time frame of the dates, I will try to follow them as much as possible.

P.S. -- Patton and Tom Waits are Savage Favorites.

Sigur Rós

Holy shit the Pixies are playing Hultsfred Festival!

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Sigur RósHoly shit the Pixies are playing Hultsfred Festival!

Holy holy shit, Pixies are playing Roskilde Festival!

Just Withnail

Quote from: Sigur Rós
Quote from: Sigur RósHoly shit the Pixies are playing Hultsfred Festival!

Holy holy shit, Pixies are playing Roskilde Festival!

:shock: I can't find my head. Oh, jeez.

MacGuffin

Post-punk's Pixies to seek old magic
Source: Los Angeles Times

After weeks of Internet postings of fan predictions, wish lists and more than a few bizarre rumors (our favorite: Lynyrd Skynyrd will be playing there), the organizers of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival have finally announced their 2004 lineup and the tickets will go on sale Saturday.

Yes, it includes a Pixies reunion on the first night of the May 1-2 show, and, yes, the much-revered Radiohead and Wilco will both play the same night. And, yes, the Cure, Flaming Lips, Air and Belle & Sebastian should all make the second night an arty, otherworldly affair.

"It's pretty amazing this year; we're thrilled," said Paul Tollett of Goldenvoice, the concert promoters behind the desert festival that will celebrate its fifth anniversary with this year's edition at the polo fields in Indio. "There is a lot of excitement about the Pixies. We booked their first L.A. show, at the Roxy back in 1988, and so now it's like we've come full circle with them."

The Boston-born Pixies — who were singer-guitarist Frank Black (a.k.a. Black Francis), guitarist Joey Santiago, bassist Kim Deal and drummer Dave Lovering — broke up in late 1992 after establishing a sound that would influence the entire post-punk landscape. Their reunion tour, the first road trip since they opened U2's "Zoo TV" shows 12 years ago, will ramp up with an 11-city mini-tour in April.

Tollett said there are also a "lot of super delicacies in the lineup," bands and DJs that will appeal to the discerning music fans who look for new, exotic and hard-to-hear sounds. Among them are Future Sound of London, Atmosphere, Air, Bright Eyes, Stereolab, BRMC and Desert Sessions.

The latter is the stage project of Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age and features a never-the-same collection of players.

"I don't know what we'll see but it should be great," Tollett said.

Oh, and what about that Skynyrd rumor? That free bird has not flown, he said. "I heard that. I'm not really sure where that came from. Some things I can confirm or deny. That one, I can definitely deny."

More information on the Coachella Music and Arts Festival is available on the Internet at http://goldenvoice.com. Tickets will be $75 for one day, $140 for both.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

GoneSavage

All the dates so far are in fucking Canada and the west coast.  

And exactly how black are the Pixies???

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

and i was just about to do a pixies music video for class.
I'm gonna seem like such a poser now that they're coming back.
continuing my train of thought:
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO- OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

mogwai

i'm looking after a pixies song i've heard through a commercial. i've also seen the video a couple of times on mtv2. it's the band stepping down from a couple of rocks very sloooowly. someone who knows which song i'm thinking of? cheers.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs