Your First DVD

Started by MacGuffin, July 20, 2003, 02:51:06 PM

phil marlowe

Quote from: GhostboyBabe 2-pack
sounds more that ntasty. please please expand.

Quote from: Ghostboythe sequel is the masterpiece
you continue to amaze me sir.

***beady***

Markums, we were just calmly expressing our opinions on the subject. Theres no need to get out of your tree about it.  :roll:

ono

*sarcasm detector explodes*

Alethia

Quote from: GhostboyGlitter is an amazing movie.

I can't wait to get that Babe 2-pack. Does anyone else think the sequel is the masterpiece I remember it being in the theater? I remember finding it truly extraordinary.

ive never seen the second one.  i always found it odd that gene siskel named it best film of the year............ive gotta check it out.

mr_boz

GIRLS GONE WILD (sexy sorority sweethearts) :oops:

Marty McSuperfly

Quote from: markums2k
Quote from: Marty McSuperflyFirst DVD was Out of Sight and I'll never forget the excited tingle that went through my body when the Universal title card appeared. I'd never seen a picture quality like it outside of cinemas. (You got to remember I was the first person in my circle of friends to buy a player, so up until that point I'd never actually seen just how good DVD picture quality could be. I'd never seen a laserdisc, so it was all new to me). I knew from that moment that I was going to be spending A LOT of money on DVDs in the coming years.

Stop stealing my life.  That was my situation EXACTLY.  Spooky.

So, if your first player was the Sony DVP-S530D, I'm gonna be freaking out.

OH MY GOD!!! I'm not even kidding, but that was my exact player!!! (£300 brand new!) I know you'll probably think I'm making this up, but that was honest to God my first DVD player!  I am now officially freaked out. Please tell me you're not 26 with a twin sister and a dad who's a teacher...

markums2k

I paid $400 USD for mine.  Still have it.  It's a great little player.  Good taste prevails.   :-D

puddnanners

back in the year 2001, I picked up the Rushmore bare bones disc because it was on sale for 17.99, and sitting in the rack right behind it was the Rushmore Criterion disc for (oh my God!) 17.99 also!  The year 2000 has since become infamous for being a year with a lot of mistakes made, and I took advantage of one of them  This was my first DVD, and hoping that lightning would strike twice, I walked over to the silence of the lambs bare bones disc and looked behind it.  No Criterion though, just a movie starring Patrcik Swayze that cost more than the aforementioned Silence of the the Lambs (!), and thats a tale for another day!

BonBon85

To continue this thread's display of strange coincidences, I, like Onomatopoeia, received American Beauty and Fight Club as birthday presents and thus began my little collection.

Pedro