fear and loathing cover art revelation

Started by sphinx, January 23, 2003, 12:02:28 AM

bonanzataz

I don't see any difference between the first scan and the second scan. I think it's just two different scans in varying qualities.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: bonanzatazI don't see any difference between the first scan and the second scan. I think it's just two different scans in varying qualities.

There's a difference with the bats, and the splattered ink to the left of the title, but that's all I can tell...

sphinx

the image has actually changed inbetween the time i posted this thread and the time of your reply.

bonanzataz

So... the thread's all bullshit? There was never a cover that looked like the one you saw?"

The bats are different though.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

sphinx

Quote from: bonanzatazSo... the thread's all bullshit? There was never a cover that looked like the one you saw?"

The bats are different though.

no, i still believe it'll be one of those crazy transparent things

MacGuffin

DVDFile's review of the Criterion disc. Click on pic:

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SHAFTR

I agree with you Xixax about Fear and Loathing.  I thought it sucked and I never could get into it.

Whenever Criterion comes out with a DVD...I always think I should give it another chance.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

sphinx

yes.  now i have confirmation from dvdfile that the disc rocks, i am off to buy it on tuesday.  i just need to get rid of my universal 'fear and loathing' copy.... :yabbse-undecided:

phil marlowe

First time I saw it didn't really get it either. The second time I saw it decided to do a little motivation work and I smoked myself really retarded just before i pushed the play button. I thought I would get it this time, and I thought the "don't stop here. It's bat-country" line was funny but after that I just got kinda sick and I puked my guts out during the merry-go-round sequence.

Just felt like sharing.

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

RegularKarate

I think it's more doperific.

The white rabbit scene is so familiar

Satcho9

Did i mention that i cannot wait for this fucking DVD?

Victor

mm.

just snagged my copy today. its do-diddily-opecious. its pretty heavy, too, theres a fat-ass booklet inside and the package looks so sweet...this is gonna be a good weekend.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Ernie

Yeah, I really want to get this. Johnny Depp is really funny, just the way he acts and talks and looks. I'll get this very soon.