Movies you're ashamed to admit you haven't seen yet

Started by BonBon85, January 22, 2003, 05:05:52 PM

O.

I'm pretty sure in 8 years, some of the movies mentioned here have been watched, but probably not all! I feel like it's an alright time for a revival, see what movies you still haven't seen. I've got a few, but first:

The top 10 films we pretend to have seen. I don't think 'pretend to have seen' is the best phrasing, but out of that list, I haven't seen: Casablanca, This Is Spinal Tap, Apocalypse Now, Goodfellas, and The Great Escape.

I also have a thing I call my 'Kubrick reserve.' Meaning, I haven't seen the following Kubrick films: Killer's Kiss, The Killing, Paths of Glory, Lolita and Spartacus. They are in my KR. I feel no need to rush and watch them all and ruin the fun of watching a Kubrick film for the first time all in such a small time frame. Hopefully I'll watch them over time throughout the years. Or watch them in an interesting pattern. Whatever!!!

I probably haven't seen a bunch of other good films I'm ashamed to admit, but right now I can't recall completely. Oh, that's right: Citizen Kane.
superb

Reel

Idk what I'm really ashamed of not seeing, probably most of Robert Altman and Sergio Leone's stuff. Also never seen a Giallo film.

Pubrick

Quote from: O on October 06, 2011, 06:00:30 AM
I also have a thing I call my 'Kubrick reserve.' Meaning, I haven't seen the following Kubrick films: Killer's Kiss, The Killing, Paths of Glory, Lolita and Spartacus.

that's fine because it means you've seen most of the essential kubrick films.

you should watch lolita because it is the first essential kubrick, though not to be mistaken as his greatest.

and you should watch citizen kane because it is like the antikythera mechanism. knowing that it exists and understanding how it works will make you realise that a LOT of subsequent films were just rediscovering the ways orson welles had already advanced cinema many ages earlier. it's an incredible relic that everyone should be thankful for and it makes you wonder about the ways that so many so-called classics have been praised for re-inventing the wheel when this one film catapulted the art form decades ahead.. but because everyone is an idiot and the world is doomed to move two steps forward, one step backward, and a hundred years stagnant at every move, it was ignored and under appreciated for a whole generation.

citizen kane remains one of the greatest films of all time. if anyone thinks it's boring or falls asleep watching it then they need to concede that maybe they need to put more effort into it or maybe come back when they are ready to think seriously about what the fuck is happening in cinema. and what it is.
under the paving stones.

Bethie

Two days ago I watched An American Werewolf In London for the first time...and I liked it
who likes movies anyway

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Reel

I know Jimmy Kimmel is sort of irrelevant to cinema, but here's his list of movies he's ashamed to admit he hasn't seen:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02/21/jimmy-kimmel-s-11-best-movies-he-never-saw.html

Reel

I'm ashamed to admit I haven't seen:

King Kong (1933)

Casablanca

Mccabe & Mrs. Miller

Baraka