Blind Buys

Started by ono, May 31, 2003, 12:42:56 AM

modage

Quote from: Reed RothchildWell I don't get my opinions from just anywhere, like here for example after reading many of the post here I would trust most of your judgement on wether a movie was good or not.

yeah i didnt mean to jump down your throat.  sorry about that. :lol: welcome to the boards though.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reed Rothchild

You know, people tell me I kind of look like Han Solo.

DVD Collection

Cecil

Quote from: BoothGood deals can be found at Futureshop, I agree.

just to let you know that glengarry glen ross 2-disc set is priced at 17$CAN at futureshop

Pas

Quote from: cecil b. demented

just to let you know that glengarry glen ross 2-disc set is priced at 17$CAN at futureshop

Good god, I'll have to stop by tomorrow ! Thanks for the tip !

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Booth
Quote from: cecil b. demented

Good god, I'll have to stop by tomorrow ! Thanks for the tip !

man i havnt seen this guy,  this happy since k Y Anounced they are coming out with a new line of jelly that is strawberry flavored

Thecowgoooesmooo

I just blind bought "Gummo".

I love this movie!

I have to say, this is the most random, strange, movie I've ever seen in my life. It definately does not fit in a 3 act structure.

All of the images look so different and real. Most of the people in the movie were not even real actors and it looked absolutely great.

I recommend this to everyone.

chris

godardian

Quote from: ThecowgoooesmoooI just blind bought "Gummo".

I love this movie!

I have to say, this is the most random, strange, movie I've ever seen in my life. It definately does not fit in a 3 act structure.

All of the images look so different and real. Most of the people in the movie were not even real actors and it looked absolutely great.

I recommend this to everyone.

chris

I'm a big Gummo fan, too. The imagery is just phenomenal.

Strange that cinematographer Jeanne-Yves Escoffier went on to do the much less striking (even anonymous) Nurse Betty.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

Thecowgoooesmooo

QuoteI'm a big Gummo fan, too. The imagery is just phenomenal.

Strange that cinematographer Jeanne-Yves Escoffier went on to do the much less striking (even anonymous) Nurse Betty.

It really is. Harmony Korine is very talented in my opinion. have you seen Julien Donkey Boy? If ya did, what did you think?

chris

Ghostboy

Julien Donkey Boy is great too. It's very stylized -- they take advantage of DV and push it to its limits. And even if you don't like the movie, it's hard to deny the brilliance of Werner Herzog's performance.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I blind bought the following and did pretty well...

Nosferatu
Taxi Driver
Boondock Saints
Requiem For A Dream

Those are the most recent.  If you haven't seen any of those movies, I highly suggest you blind buy them.  :-D
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

edison

Taxi Driver?....who wants to see a movie about a cabbie? thats just plain dumb

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: EEz28Taxi Driver?....who wants to see a movie about a cabbie? thats just plain dumb

i want to see a movie about a UPS Grl whos butt does not fit into a regulatition uniform ,  but aginst all odds she delivers the mail

modage

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobI blind bought the following and did pretty well...

Nosferatu
Taxi Driver
Boondock Saints
Requiem For A Dream

Those are the most recent.  If you haven't seen any of those movies, I highly suggest you blind buy them.  :-D

except boondock saints, which should be returned immediately.  however, the UPS girl against all odds movie has my 9$.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

godardian

Quote from: GhostboyJulien Donkey Boy is great too. It's very stylized -- they take advantage of DV and push it to its limits. And even if you don't like the movie, it's hard to deny the brilliance of Werner Herzog's performance.

I again have to point out the loveliness of Sevigny singing a hymn while walking through a corn (what?) field in the orange glow of the sunlight. It's really beautiful; striking the way Malick or D. Gordon Green can be.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: themodernage02

except boondock saints, which should be returned immediately.  however, the UPS girl against all odds movie has my 9$.

Well, that's where our opinions, differ.  Boondock Saints was a great movie, but I feel was better the second time.  But ifyou don't like it, hakuna matata.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye