The horror that is the Goodfellas DVD

Started by Born Under Punches, May 11, 2003, 03:51:55 PM

Born Under Punches

Does anyone know if Warner Brothers is planning on re-releasing Goodfellas on DVD where you don't have to LD it?  This to me is the dumbest thing ever thought of.  Which is weird because I don't mind flipping over Laserdisc when watching movies but DVD? Pure Pants!

Holden Pike

Yes, a new GoodFellas DVD -  not just a non-flipper, but a bonafide S.E., has long been in the works. The hold up was finding time for Marty to heavily participate. Now that Scorsese is all done with Gangs of New York, Warner Bros. speculates it's supposed to be ready for late 2003 or early 2004. I'm kind of glad they've been waiting for Scorsese's availability, to get the S.E. really and truly right the first time.

Should be within a year, anyway. Seems like a long time to wait, but it really isn't.

And the only reason it was a flipper to begin with is it was among the first couple batches of DVD titles Warners produced. They were anxious to get it on the market, and this was before the technology of multiple layers and longer running times per side came along.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream, it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film."
- Frank Capra

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks