Don't Trust the Bitch in Apartment 23

Started by ono, May 16, 2012, 07:20:38 PM

ono

This show is so silly.  I really like it (so far).

Jesse's dead girlfriend wipes the vomit off her face and resurrects herself as a horrible, horrible woman who is best friends with James Van Der Beek.  I call it the anti-Girls for no reason other than "hey, let's talk about something else besides that horrible show about privileged, vapid chicks."  "Horrible" might be too strong a word, sure, but so are most of the accolades so casually flung at the thing.  I don't expect this Bitch to last, either.  But it's a good diversion.  Loved episode 3 where the actress who plays Sally on Mad Men plays herself.  She and the Beek played off each other quite well.

Reel

That's a good review, might have to check it out

polkablues

It's a funny show with potential, but it needs to make up its mind whether it wants to be an edgy show or a safe show.  Tonally, it's kind of all over the place at this point.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

Ono always backs the wrong horse, remember the 30 rock vs studio 60 deathmatch?
under the paving stones.

diggler

In hindsight, I think Studio 60 was a better show.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

ono

Mr. diggler, I wouldn't go that far.  I don't know what Sorkin was smokin', but in some alternate universe S60 got the ending and appreciation it deserved -- the ending was horrible (that whole brother standing in a field in AFGHANISTAN thing), but the ride up to it was an atmospheric romp that was still entirely watchable and entertaining.  Sorkin tried to take on too much, and didn't listen to his critics early on, and that was his downfall.  30 Rock's gone off the rails now (Queen of Jordan... 2?!  Really?! -_-), and as much as even I love it, every horse runs out of steam eventually.

I... "backed" nothing here, though:
Quote from: ono on May 16, 2012, 07:20:38 PM
This show is so silly.  I really like it (so far).

I don't expect this Bitch to last, either.
The Newsroom thread is thataway, anyway!  :)

diggler

I suppose I'm judging 30 Rock more for what it is than what it was, and I'm not saying Studio 60 wasn't flawed as hell, but I was still entertained by much of it.  The Newsroom looks to be more Sorkin's speed.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty