mystery science theater

Started by tpfkabi, April 12, 2003, 11:10:31 PM

tpfkabi

since moving back home i've had the added luxury of cable. i always kinda knew about the show, but never had the chance to see it. now every sat. i usually wake up around 9 and get to watch the last half of the show. i love it. i hate that i missed it all these years.

wwhat station did it originally air on?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

moonshiner

it's a very funny show....i think it originally aired on Comedy Central quite a few years back,  probably like '95 or '96
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

SHAFTR

It was a public access show from some Minnesota students...I think University of Minnesota.  It became popular and got picked up...by either comedy central or sci fi channel.
Comedy Central makes more sense.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

mindfuck

I remember it being on the Sci-fi channel for awhile because I remember being pissed when I moved and could no longer see the show due to my new cable provider.

ProgWRX

Comedy Central picked it up first, then Sci Fi did, i believe after the original guy (Joel) left and was replaced by Mike Nelson...

I've loved the show since i first saw it (back about 94-95 i believe) and the "movie" is hillarious!
-Carlos

tpfkabi

i was always aware of the show, but our cable company doesn't service Comedy Central.

so there was a movie? i was thinking there was. did it actually go into theaters?

the last one i saw was about these killer worms. they weren't huge or anything. just regular worms that were mutated.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

chainsmoking insomniac

That show sucked after Joel left....that was a sad day for me indeed.... :(
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

ProgWRX

it was sad that he left but there are a LOT of mike nelson episodes that are way funnier than a lot of Joel episodes...

specially the movie!
-Carlos

chainsmoking insomniac

nah. mike never gets stoned...
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Raikus

"Pull up Tinkerbell! Pull up!"

God that movie is great. And everyone always said Joel was better, but I thought Mike was just as good. Mike's episodes were more inconsistent, but sometimes really shined.

I've got the Moo-tant from "This Island Earth" sitting on top of my monitor. Found it in a pack of those Black and White Mosters things. I like to hit its head on things.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

RegularKarate

Joel was way better.  Everyone knows that.

I Don't Believe in Beatles

"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Pwaybloe

Has anyone tried this yet?

EDIT: Ok, I'm thinking about trying this.

EDIT: Ok, I just tried this.

72teeth

same here..think it'll work..
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

72teeth

Holy shit!! it worked!! 1 free disk entitled "The Killer Shrews" and a free rhino records sticker!!!

FOR FREE!!!!!!
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza