movies you ignore in favor of sex

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, November 12, 2010, 12:48:46 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Being in a theater tends to be really erotic to me now and then and I never mind missing some of a movie that I can re-watch later if it means my date is reaching a new level.  I thoroughly enjoy movies, so it's probably not a big surprise that I take dates to them, especially really visually stunning films that are amazing eye candy, but even at home, just throw in a movie and suddenly you have some white noise.  Surely, sexual activities of varying degrees can happen without movies, but movies can occasionally help lubricate the process.

Most recently, I would have to mention that things got way out of control for me and a lady friend at Fantastic Mr. Fox, which I can barely explain myself, and the Runaways, which was a halfway decent movie but as the movie began to drag or fall into the generic outline for band biopics, my date wanted to make the experience more of a worthwhile trip to the theater.

Then again, I started this thread because I've talked to friends who are absolutely repulsed by the idea of fooling around in a theater, surrounded by other people.  They tell me they think it's appalling and ask me to consider how I'd feel if everyone else in the theater were fooling around with each other or masturbating.  This thought actually excites me.  So maybe I have some sort of perversion.  So maybe this thread will crash and burn and essentially just reveal sexual deviancy in me. 

But surely at least someone else here sees potential in the eroticism of being in the dark in a room full of people all distracted by a movie.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ono

This summer it was The Kids Are All Right.  I think it was about lesbians.  :)  That was a goooood date.

In the past it's been The Dreamers, Dazed and Confused, and even Magnolia, but these have all been on DVD.

You're not deviant at all.  The Kids Are All Right was pretty packed, but we sat in the back, put the armrest down and just cuddled up and ignored them, and they us.  Great fantasy, even better when fully realized.  We didn't do anything overtly sexual there, but had there been fewer people, maybe.  Twas only a second date.  Later we watched Full Metal Jacket together (how romantic), and Jarhead (even more so -- feh), and then ignored this truly terrible b-movie called Rollercoaster about some rollercoaster terrorist.

Gold Trumpet

For me, it would depend on the girl. With one girl, I knew every time we went to the movie theater I could tempt her into something or she would tease me for something. With her, I knew I had to watch movies alone to be able to watch them. Never got full sex, but certainly have gotten head and lots of other things in between. Otherwise, I got action during Men in Black II (didn't care to see the movie anyways) and I missed Robert Altman's The Company (kinda regret that one). In the last few years, I haven't dated a girl with remotely any movie taste similar to mine so if something happens for a movie up her alley, I don't give a shit. I watch my "weird" movies alone. "Weird" is always their word.

Pas

ElPandaRoyal

A few years ago, me and a girl went to the theater to watch Bridget Jones 2. The movie sucked, and we strated making out. Cut to almost 6 years later: we're living together and quite happy.
Si

Pozer

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

The girls I tend to date are more into it, though.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye