Scripts online

Started by Pas, December 02, 2008, 08:26:59 PM

Pas

Folks, I am looking for a pdf or online or whatever version of the script for Rififi (Du Rififi Chez les Hommes) ... the old heist movie by Jules Dassin. French or english works.

Anyone can help ?

matt35mm

Recently found a great resource for scripts: http://www.mediafire.com/kristyatmsp

It's got a bit over 1000 scripts right now, a lot of which are great finds, like a lot of scripts that are buzzed about on the Black List and things currently in development like the new Cameron Crowe project.  I'm currently reading HappyThankYouMorePlease, which was written by the lead actor on How I Met Your Mother--it had some great buzz and he finally directed it and premiered it at Sundance this year, but so far I find it not so good.  I'm only about 20 pages in, but it's reading like Garden State if you placed it firmly in the Brooklyn hipster scene.

I had mostly been reading scripts of movies that I've already seen, but I'm now finding it more useful and interesting to read scripts from things I haven't seen.  Yesterday I read Peter Hedges's stab at adapting The Devil Wears Prada, and it was interesting to compare that to the final film.

I don't know if I'll read it, but Memoirs was a really highly praised script that eventually was re-written by Jenny Lumet into the film Remember Me, which is getting terrible reviews.  That's the sort of stuff you can find in this library.

Anyway, I recommend combing through it if you're looking for some scripts to read.

Stefen

Quote from: matt35mm on March 24, 2010, 09:41:13 PM
Recently found a great resource for scripts: http://www.mediafire.com/kristyatmsp

Is this still up? It's not loading for me. I'm at work and have tons of extensions on my browser to avoid viruses, so that could be the reason, but does it load for anyone else?

After reading the Django Unchained script, I'm in the mood to read more stuff. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

matt35mm

No, the person who put them up decided to take them down.

Stefen

Are there any other sites to read scripts of upcoming films?
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

pete

just google looper by rian johnson
it was a very quick read
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Sleepless

Sorry to bump the thread, I want to try and read all the Oscar-nominated scripts but can't find Inherent Vice or American Sniper anywhere.

If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. PM me if you want.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Sleepless

Quote from: Sleepless on January 20, 2015, 09:55:00 AM
Sorry to bump the thread, I want to try and read all the Oscar-nominated scripts but can't find Inherent Vice or American Sniper anywhere.

If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. PM me if you want.

Found them all, and read them all. Wrote about each of them here: http://www.davidtharwood.com/2015/02/oscar-nominated-screenplays-2015/

I also added links to where you can find each of the scripts to read online (AS and IV included)
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

ono

Now how about somewhere where you don't have to have a horrible, horrible iPhone to read them plzkthx. :)

Lottery

huh. well that made much more sense than the movie. not that that's a good thing.