Fringe

Started by SiliasRuby, September 10, 2008, 12:45:57 PM

SiliasRuby

Saw FRINGE, great shit. Lance Reddick is my new favorite actor.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

RegularKarate

Quote from: SiliasRuby on September 10, 2008, 12:45:57 PM
Saw FRINGE, great shit. Lance Reddick is my new favorite actor.

Boy did I get bored of this show.  Did anything ever happen?  I had to check out... snoresville

MacGuffin

Damn you, JJ Abrams! You got me hooked on another show. I really like this show. Yes, it does have an X-Files influence, but it also has a bit of Silence Of The Lambs going for it too, if only because the lead character has an Agent Starling quality about her in that she has to claw her way through the FBI ranks to gain respect. Because of this I've quickly become a fan of Anna Torv and her character. The only mar is the constant sarcasm of Joshua Jackson's character. It gets old and annoying real fast.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

I saw the pilot back in May and have already forgotten about it.

modage

Just started Season 1 on DVD.  Loved the pilot.  The EW article pretty much spoiled everything major for me unfortunately but I'm going to attempt to catch up for S2.  Does anyone still watch this?  did it get better/worse?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

SiliasRuby

I watch the first 6 or 7 episodes on its initial run and now I'm going through the whole thing.

My Collection

MacGuffin

Quote from: modage on September 12, 2009, 10:20:21 PMDoes anyone still watch this?  did it get better/worse?

It's pretty consistant. Great throughout. Funny how everyone was suddenly talking about Altered States, because it's a big influence on this show.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

I already said that Mac.

My Collection

diggler

So my roommate has been bugging me forever to watch this show and I finally gave in.  I blew through the whole series and just caught up in time for the season 4 finale (and like an idiot I missed it)

There's a definite lull in the first half of season two, but after that it gets rather good.  It seems to be unlike X-Files in that the Monster of the Week storylines are actually weaker than the overall plot, but the show makes more of an effort to include that plot in every episode. Walter Bishop is a marvelous character, and the supporting cast isn't half bad either.  Anna Torv was a real find, I wasn't that into her performance at first, but as the show gets into it's multi-universe storyline she gets to have some fun with her character.  It still has all the trappings of a network television show (endless re-exposition, story threads/characters going nowhere), but in the latter seasons it gets admirably ambitious, which is probably why the ratings are shitty.

Is anyone else still watching? I know you people are watching more than Girls.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty

Sleepless

My wife and I are about 3/4 of the way through season two at the moment. It took me a while to really get into it but from the Chinese parasite episode onwards it's been really great. Looking forward to blowing through season three and on to season four.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

diggler

Anyone else catch the finale? Good shit. This show went out like a champion, and unlike Lost, managed to make it about character AND mythology.
I'm not racist, I'm just slutty