The 2008 Xixax Awards

Started by MacGuffin, March 01, 2008, 12:23:24 AM

Gamblour.

Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Also, filling out my list, I'm amazed at the amount of debuts:

Away From Her, Control, Gone Baby Gone, King of Kong, Michael Clayton

Also, don't forget for Visual Effects: Sunshine, Across the Universe, 300, Zodiac

Any suggestions for trailers?
WWPTAD?

Alexandro

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: hacksparrow on March 10, 2008, 11:53:56 AMProvided that any of the admins have seen it and can comment, I think he might qualify as lead since he pretty much dominates the second half of the movie.

Yes, that does not sound like supporting.

If you put an actor in the wrong category, we can count him/her in the correct category (as long as you're not doing that intentionally). If you realized you've misplaced an actor, just contact your counter.

Redlum

For your consideration: The Counterfeiters

\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

grand theft sparrow

Quote from: Gamblour. on March 10, 2008, 12:18:04 PM
Any suggestions for trailers?

Even though it was a shortened version of the scene in the movie, the simple fact that we hadn't heard of Cloverfield when we first saw the trailer is enough to nominate it.  Not to mention that it upstaged Transformers.

And someone hinted at it before but are the fake Grindhouse trailers eligible?

last days of gerry the elephant

Quote from: Redlum on March 10, 2008, 05:09:45 PM
For your consideration: The Counterfeiters

I wish I could see this :(

MacGuffin

Quote from: hacksparrow on March 11, 2008, 07:50:32 AMAnd someone hinted at it before but are the fake Grindhouse trailers eligible?

No. Sorry.

REMEMBER: NOMINATIONS DUE THIS SATURDAY!!!!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

JG

which one of the mods wants to make a call on frownland? if its a 2008 movie (which i think it should be cos it didn't see theatrical release until this week) then i'll start lobbying for it for the 2009 xixax awards. either way, everybody see frownland!

Gamblour.

What about if we need an extension? I won't be at a computer until Monday.
WWPTAD?

MacGuffin

Get your ballot in!!! Your voice counts!!!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

Mac, can u say how many people voted so far??

Last year it sucked... I hope people fucking do it now!!

MacGuffin

Quote from: kal on March 13, 2008, 10:46:54 PM
Mac, can u say how many people voted so far??

Won't say exact, but it's a very disappointing turn out so far.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Kal

last days of gerry the elephant

Let's hope Saturday brings in a wave of submissions.

squints

i'm rushing to see a couple of films before i finish my list. talk about last minute.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche