Some of what I'm listening to..

Started by pgr, March 24, 2003, 06:37:51 AM

pgr

30 of my 2000 MP3s. I'm quite proud of my taste in music, not bad for a twenty year old...what do you think? Having seen my list, are there any songs you can recommend? I'm always looking for new tracks to add to my playlist. Cheers.

Tangerine - Led Zeppelin
Something In The Air - Thunderclap Newman
Under Pressure - Queen/Bowie
Wouldn't It Be Nice - Beach Boys
Sabotage - Beastie Boys
Something(acoustic) - George Harrison
Squares - Beta Band
Fame - David Bowie
Needle In The Hay - Elliott Smith
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road - Elton John
These Eyes - Guess Who
Papas Got A Brand New Bag - James Brown
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
Beautiful - Snoop Dogg
Give A Little Bit - Supertramp
Ruby Tuesday - Rolling Stones
Color Blind - Counting Crows
In Da Club - 50 Cent
ADIDAS - Killer Mike
Battleflag - Lo Fidelity Allstars
This Magic Moment - Lou Reed
Unintended - Muse
Extreme Ways - Moby
Lap Dance - NERD
Songbird - Oasis
Edge Hill - Groove Armada
Midnight Confessions - Grass Roots
New York - Frank Sinatra
Shooting Star(extended remix) - Flip n Fill
Suspicious Minds - Elvis

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

pgr

thanks for that, very helpful...

neatahwanta

pgr, you will find that most of the people who post here listen to crap.  Nice list.

oakmanc234

That's a great list.

Except for '50 Cent' (you can't turn on a TV or radio without hearing that damn song, here. Grrrrrrrr)
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

bonanzataz

Quote from: neatahwantapgr, you will find that most of the people who post here listen to crap.  Nice list.

who listens to crap?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pubrick

before u add, get rid of these:

Quote from: pgrIn Da Club - 50 Cent
Suspicious Minds - Elvis

also u will find that neatahwanta has a very bitter and twisted view of "most" of the ppl on this board.

sayin' tho.
under the paving stones.

neatahwanta

Quote from: bonanzatazwho listens to crap?

http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=169

..along w/ many others.

neatahwanta

Quote from: Palso u will find that neatahwanta has a very bitter and twisted view of "most" of the ppl on this board.

sayin' tho.

So where is the thread about The Beatles?  The Stones?  The Who?  Old school Genesis?  The Allman Brothers?

Instead we get threads about the White Stripes and Radiohead.   :oops:

Its sad.....if people think U2 is the great band, they are sadly mistaken.  MTV cmpletely ruined rock and roll.  Lenny's right, rock and roll is dead.   :cry:

neatahwanta

Yeah, lastly, I check out this section everytime I come on to see if there's something to talk about....most times, there just isn't.

Sleuth

Oh shit, I just remembered people have opinions
I like to hug dogs

Sigur Rós

Quote from: neatahwantapgr, you will find that most of the people who post here listen to crap.  Nice list.

I think almost everybody on this board has a very cool taste in music.
What do you listen too then?

neatahwanta

Quote from: Sigur RósI think almost everybody on this board has a very cool taste in music.  What do you listen too then?

Quote from: neatahwantaSo where is the thread about The Beatles? The Stones? The Who? Old school Genesis? The Allman Brothers?

Other than the classics...(think "Goodfellas"), better bands from the 90's were Nirvana (yeah, where is the Nirvana appreciation thread??), AIC, Blues Traveler, Jane's Addiction, The Black Crowes ("Amorica" and "The Southern Harmony and Musical Companion" were the best rock albums of the 90's), etc.

'nother thing...Oasis is the worst live band I have ever seen: so damned boring, and they can just barely play their instruments, and that is after almost a decade of performing.

Its just fucking sad to see the level of musicianship out there today, but people still into it because its new.  *sigh*  And not one thread about Jimi Hendrix, arguably the most influencial guitar player of all time.

Perhaps you all like good music, but you sure don't post about it.

bonanzataz

Quote from: neatahwantaYeah, lastly, I check out this section everytime I come on to see if there's something to talk about....most times, there just isn't.

agreed.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sigur Rós

Quote from: neatahwantaSo where is the thread about The Beatles? The Stones? The Who? Old school Genesis? The Allman Brothers?

I really like these band too! The Allman Brothers are really great! The Beatles we all love them...dont we? And the Who are great. I'm not a big Stones fan though!