is Xixax for teenagers

Started by Pas, January 17, 2009, 08:30:47 PM

Stefen

There hasn't been a new member registration since September. That can't be right.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Stefen on January 21, 2009, 03:22:08 PM
There hasn't been a new member registration since September. That can't be right.

We have been flooded with spambots (Viaga and russian sex, etc.), so we cannot trust who is legit.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Bethie

Quote from: Pas Rap on January 19, 2009, 12:34:53 PM
I think I found this site doing a search on google : ''strategies to steal dvds''  :shock:

there was an actual thread about it too

hahah! and this is why I like this place.

I don't write reviews for films I see because I don't think I'm really good at that,  either I like it or I don't. I said to my friend the other day, "Can I just call that Tree of Life is the best film of 2009 or 2010?" I called There Will Be Blood like a year before it was released as well. At Xixax we know this. We know whats good.
I think we should revive the thread about what you do on Fridays. It was generally amusing. Theres a good group here. And as long as I like films (and cheap jokes), I'll be coming back
who likes movies anyway

MacGuffin

As our only female regular, I think that Bethie is xixax's Snow White and we are all her dwarfs.

Bring back the 'Bethie approved' reviews!
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Fernando

^^ lol

Quote from: MacGuffin on January 22, 2009, 02:17:46 PM
As our only female regular, I think that Bethie is xixax's Snow White and we are all her dwarfs.

perv!

or Queen of the bee-hive, and as such we're here to look and care for her..

ElPandaRoyal

I've been a member since the first days, and I also was from the old Cigarettes and Coffee board. At first I can say I was a regular, and coming here was like mandatory: every day, more than once. It was fun and insightfull and I can say that some of my growth as a film lover came from this place. But we grow up, go to college, get jobs and don't have the same time anymore, we need to move on. There are other things to dedicate our time to, more important (I don't even spend almost any time on messenger nor stuff like that). I stoped writing regularly a long time ago, but yet I haven't stopped visiting. Every computer I have ever been to has Xixax.com memorized on the browser, so I don't even have to type the whole adress to come here. One of the other reasons I think made me write a bit less here was because it grew a lot. What started as a forum dedicated to a single director, became something bigger, with a lot of topics of discussion, and other people came in and, I must admit, I became kind of lost around here. It's too many information that makes dialogue a bit more difficult. There were times when I knew I almost read every topic ever made here, now there are so many that I don't even get to know about (I came to this one by accident). But Xixax still exists and I still come here as many times as I can. I can remember some really funny moments around here and the old boards. Lots of funny stuff, from "inspiring actresses" to people making fun of my scanned face, or betting on the European and World Football Cups. And I got to read a lot of insightful stuff from some of the members, got to know their movie projects, and even acquire some technical knowledge. So, yeah, this place rocks pretty much, and everything is archived here, existing in this wonderful thing called cyberspace. Even if many of the older members don't come by anymore, we can meet them anyway on their past posts.

So yeah, this is alive, only different. We all change, and this changes with us. Oh, and one more thing, Xixax also gave me a friend, a great guy we all know around here as rustinglass who once was robbed on the way to a film festival and left me waiting for about an hour at the entrance of the theater :yabbse-grin:
Si

cine

speaking of sausage fest, anyone wanna speculate why most girls lose interest in the board?

Pas

Quote from: Cinephile on January 24, 2009, 01:43:10 AM
speaking of sausage fest, anyone wanna speculate why most girls lose interest in the board?

anyone wanna speculate why most girls do whatever they do

Stefen

Girls don't like movies.

Let me tell you GUYS a little story........

In 2006, I entered a directors pool. I did my research and had awesome picks. I'm talking picks that you just can't fuck with. Sure thing type picks. I followed career story arcs from the 70's, 80's and 90's. Themes, critical praise. I even made a chart and tried to calculate which seasons certain directors make most of their movies in (late fall to early winter) -- the whole nine. I spent a whole week crunching numbers in my moms basement like it was tax season to come up with my picks. Very scientific. Anyways, to make a long story short, I ended up LOSING to a girl who did her picks based on who had the cutest butt.

SiliasRuby

Quote from: Stefen on January 24, 2009, 09:44:16 AM
Anyways, to make a long story short, I ended up LOSING to a girl who did her picks based on who had the cutest butt.
Were you surprised? I wouldn't be but I'm a cynic.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

Pas

Quote from: Stefen on January 24, 2009, 09:44:16 AM
Girls don't like movies.

Let me tell you GUYS a little story........

In 2006, I entered a directors pool.

What's a directors pool ???

pete

guys he's CLEARLY joking.
and there's clearly more than just "a bunch of nerds" that are keeping ALL BUT ONE girls away - girls who have been here and posted frequently.
It's a mystery!
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pozer

Quote from: Cinephile on January 24, 2009, 01:43:10 AM

they've moved on to twitter.

SoNowThen

It's the same reason why for every 1 decent female director there are 1000 decent male directors.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.