the son of speilberg

Started by cowboykurtis, May 02, 2003, 09:45:47 PM

cowboykurtis

have any of you seen the 20  minute short directed by speilberg's  17 yr old son? im curious to see it... theres not doubt in nmy mind, that he'll be directing features whenever he chooses to.
...your excuses are your own...

BonBon85

I hadn't heard about it. Did he get to shoot it on 35mm? Probably.

MacGuffin

Quote from: cowboykurtistheres not doubt in nmy mind, that he'll be directing features whenever he chooses to.

Well, according to Back To The Future Part 2, he will go on to direct Jaws 19.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

im not sure what he shot on -- im sure he shot 35mm -- why the hell wouldnt he? -- the only thing i've heard about, is the premise: its about a  student who's disposable camera gets switched with a serial killers'. when the student goes to develop his film, instead of getting the expected prom photos, he recieves the killers photographs of all his victims. ( and vice versa: the serial killer develops his roll and to his dismay he finds pictures of drunken highschool kids doing the chicken dance). then, im sure some sort of cat and mouse game ensues... thats about all i've heard.

BonBon85

I was just referring to the fact that most 17 year olds don't have access to 35mm. Generally first shorts would be done on video or 16mm at the most.

I'm a jealous little bitch

cowboykurtis

Quote from: BonBon85I was just referring to the fact that most 17 year olds don't have access to 35mm. Generally first shorts would be done on video or 16mm at the most.

I'm a jealous little bitch

i didn't mean to sound like "who wouldn't shoot on 35, everyone's doing it..." rather, i meant, he's speilberg's son -- why the hell wouldn't he shoot on 35? he can do whatever the fuck he wants.

Duck Sauce

If I was his son Id shoot on 70mm and fill the short up with nudity....

I dont really know what to say till I see him direct something, I want to say the obvious but its not fair.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: cowboykurtistheres not doubt in nmy mind, that he'll be directing features whenever he chooses to.

Well, according to Back To The Future Part 2, he will go on to direct Jaws 19.

:: looks for sleeping bag so he can wait in line for this movie::

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

Quote from: Duck SauceIf I was his son Id shoot on 70mm and fill the short up with nudity....

I dont really know what to say till I see him direct something, I want to say the obvious but its not fair.

:: while he sits in line waiting for jaws 19, he silentlly prays to god that speilberg jr heard duck sauces ideas ::

ahh yes Boobies and sharks a fine fine combo indeed .

EL__SCORCHO

Michael Eisner supposedly gave his son a 2 million dollar budget to shoot his film while at nyu. Thats crazy.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: EL__SCORCHOMichael Eisner supposedly gave his son a 2 million dollar budget to shoot his film while at nyu. Thats crazy.

thats sounds like a rumor to me -- when a bunch of film students get together, they're worse than a sewing circle... when did his son attend nyu? if my father gave me 2 million to do a short -- id spend 50 grand, and take the rest to make a feature.

MacGuffin

Quote from: EL__SCORCHOMichael Eisner supposedly gave his son a 2 million dollar budget to shoot his film while at nyu.

Quote from: cowboykurtiswhen did his son attend nyu?

According to IMDB, one son graduated from USC, and the other is currently attending UC Berkley.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

cowboykurtis

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: EL__SCORCHOMichael Eisner supposedly gave his son a 2 million dollar budget to shoot his film while at nyu.

Quote from: cowboykurtiswhen did his son attend nyu?

According to IMDB, one son graduated from USC, and the other is currently attending UC Berkley.

those NYU punks love spreading LIES.

EL__SCORCHO

well fuck me, that guy who told me that seemed pretty honest. That fucker.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: EL__SCORCHOwell fuck me, that guy who told me that seemed pretty honest. That fucker.

he's a lying fucker.