Official RADIOHEAD thread

Started by Duck Sauce, January 11, 2003, 05:54:58 PM

hedwig

this thread is one of the worst things that's ever happened.

squints

haven't read a single word in this thread since page 84 and don't plan on it.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

children with angels

Haha, okay... People find different things interesting (and worth a Thom Yorke song), I guess...
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

a.santi

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONNY!!!!

awesome musician, awesome hair.

Pozer

Alexandro

what about waiting to see how the song is used in the movie? although you guys can tell me cause I ain't watching it.  :yabbse-grin:

a.santi

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: hedwig on November 05, 2009, 01:52:39 AM

Not a Radiohead fan?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

socketlevel

Quote from: squints on November 05, 2009, 02:11:59 AM
haven't read a single word in this thread since page 84 and don't plan on it.

I don't believe you.

if this is true, you won't respond to me because you're not reading this! :P

Quote from: Walrus on November 06, 2009, 12:12:49 PM
Quote from: hedwig on November 05, 2009, 01:52:39 AM

Not a Radiohead fan?

touche.

but seriously, since when was debate one of the worst things to ever happen?

Oh btw it just dawned on me, "the bends" was dedicated to Bill Hicks.  Check your liner notes. LOL the irony... and no i don't think it aids my argument, i just found it funny and fitting. I held off posting this because i tried to find images from the liner notes online. but alas, they were nowhere to be found.

and for all the people who think Bill Hicks wasn't anything special... i just don't know what to say to that actually... and that's not common.
the one last hit that spent you...

MacGuffin

Thom Yorke contributes to Free Tibet film
Writes 3 songs for 'When the Dragon Swallowed the Sun'
By Andre Paine, Billboard

LONDON -- Thom Yorke, Damien Rice and Philip Glass have composed songs for a documentary film about Tibet.

The Radiohead frontman has written three songs for "When the Dragon Swallowed the Sun," a film about the Free Tibet movement's ongoing struggle to gain autonomy from Chinese rule.

Director Dirk Simon has spent seven years making the film, which features HD footage from India, China and Tibet and interviews with Richard Gere, Archbishop Desmond Tutu and the Dalai Lama.

The composers for the documentary's soundtrack were confirmed on the official Web site, whenthedragon.com, which does not confirm a release date but simply says the film is "coming soon."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Stefen

^lol.

I also hear they are working on a new album. Good news.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

mogwai

Quote from: Stefen on January 07, 2010, 03:05:45 PM
^lol.

Yeah, and it will be available only in Tibet. The rest of us will be forced to go Tibet to pay for a copy. The idea is we pay Radiohead for the plane ticket and the cd/lp/8 track and they will raking it in big time. So I fully agree Yorke & co are fucking sell outs. I know file sharing exists but it's going to be nowhere possible to rip the album into mp3's. It's because each track consists of deadly viruses that spread into the computer while being ripped. Which I think would happen anyway if you ripped any other of their albums because Radiohead suck these days.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Neil

Quote from: Mogwai on January 16, 2010, 01:56:48 PM
Quote from: Stefen on January 07, 2010, 03:05:45 PM
^lol.

Yeah, and it will be available only in Tibet. The rest of us will be forced to go Tibet to pay for a copy. The idea is we pay Radiohead for the plane ticket and the cd/lp/8 track and they will raking it in big time. So I fully agree Yorke & co are fucking sell outs. I know file sharing exists but it's going to be nowhere possible to rip the album into mp3's. It's because each track consists of deadly viruses that spread into the computer while being ripped. Which I think would happen anyway if you ripped any other of their albums because Radiohead suck these days.

It's people like you that make me happy that i've chosen the path known as education.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.