Xixax Film Festival?

Started by prophet, January 08, 2004, 07:59:58 PM

GodDamnImDaMan

Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

StacksEdwards

I dont really know what is going on, but I like the Coen Brothers idea.  That would be good.
"The Book says, we may be through with the past, bit the past ain't through with us."

--Jimmy Gator, Magnolia

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Here at Xixax we've had movie festivals where we'd set dates and all watch the movie at the same time and chat about it using the chat icon located upstairs.

It's fun, though I haven't been in a chat with more than 2 people since the Shining chat which didn't have a great turn out anyway...

Like I said before, I'm so in when the next one(s) would be.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

ono

'Cause I'm feeling nice, a history of Xixax's festivals:

Sydney Hard Eight
Boogie Nights
Magnolia
Punch-Drunk Love
Donnie Darko
Horror
Reservoir Dogs & Pulp Fiction

Some have been more successful than others.  I love Donnie Darko, but not as much as Conan's 10th anniversary, so I couldn't attend.  Magnolia and the other PTA stuff were the most popular.  The QT fest suffered from a lack of publicity.  Hopefully that'll change in the future.

prophet

im saying show movies made by members not screen moives make a dead line for the movies to be done 2-3 years and then show them name by members.
We gonna do a little Q&A Mr. Worley, and at the risk of sounding redundant please... make your answers Genuine...

picolas

im Coen fest mega plus plus boom.

kablamo.

Pedro

the festival idea i like was the dekapenticon fest...like 2 a night for 7 nights and then on the last night, do magnolia?

that'd be righteous

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I personally feel a Dekapenticon fest might take too long.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Pedro

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobI personally feel a Dekapenticon fest might take too long.
What, you don't like movies or something?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoobI personally feel a Dekapenticon fest might take too long.

I love movies, and 2 movies for 7 nights seems like it would take a while.

Pedro

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoob
Quote from: Pedro the Wombat

I love movies, and 2 movies for 7 nights seems like it would take a while.
Yeah? Well you're a traitor to our community!  Fuck you!