the pink panther cartoon theatre: six cartoons
behind the feline: the cartoon phenomenon featurette
commentary by blake edwards
trivia track
outtakes

makes a perfect reverse april fool's gift for release on april 6th
at $11.66 a disc* it's a steal hahahah

* discs not sold separately

i got all excited when i first saw the box-set...  i want the cartoons...
context, context, context.

SoNowThen

Which one is the one where all the assassins are trying to kill him? That's the one I've seen (think it's either Strikes Again or Revenge). Anyway, I love the cartoons, and I wanna own the first one just for Claudia Cardinale. How are the other Panther movies?
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

soixante

Quote from: slice

your nutritional supplement comes with

the pink panther
a shot in the dark
the pink panther strikes again
revenge of the pink panther
the trail of the pink panther

and a sixth disc of dessert includes

a new documentary: the pink panther story"
the pink panther cartoon theatre: six cartoons
behind the feline: the cartoon phenomenon featurette
commentary by blake edwards
trivia track
outtakes

makes a perfect reverse april fool's gift for release on april 6th
at $11.66 a disc* it's a steal hahahah

* discs not sold separately

Pink Panther Strikes Again, which is the 4th in the series, is probably the funniest.  Revenge of Pink Panther is pretty weak, as the series was winding down and running out of creative steam.  As for Trail of the Pink Panther, buyer beware...it was cobbled together after Peter Sellers died, and features out-takes and "greatest gags" from the previous Panther pictures.  Oddly, Return of the Pink Panther, which revived the franchise in 1975, is missing, as it is not owned by MGM.
Music is your best entertainment value.

SoNowThen

and I see the one with Alan Arkin has also not been included...
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

am i  wrong or Roberto Begnini is planning to be the next Inspector?

MacGuffin

Quote from: chuckhimselfoam i  wrong or Roberto Begnini is planning to be the next Inspector?

You are wrong (mid-way through):
http://xixax.com/viewtopic.php?t=586&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

oh, that's good news.  i dislike roberto begnini

Ravi