What's In Your DVD Player?

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 07:29:53 PM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: POZER! on November 21, 2005, 10:37:45 PM
Timecode was in my DVD player for 15 minutes once.

With Timecode, it wasn't hard to tell, was it?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Rudie Obias

\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Pwaybloe

NUTWORK

-it's the adult version of Lumet's "Network"

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reinhold

Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Alethia

Pwaybloe

Alethia

Ravi

Pubrick

Quote from: Sunrise on December 10, 2005, 10:23:44 PM
[tarkovsky's solaris]

AND

[badlands]
so do you put the two screens next to each other or just leave one playing in one room and go off to watch the other, and then keep running back and forth like that..?
under the paving stones.

Sunrise

Quote from: Pubrick on December 16, 2005, 12:48:33 AM
so do you put the two screens next to each other or just leave one playing in one room and go off to watch the other, and then keep running back and forth like that..?

The latter. How'd you guess? Actually just watched both of them last Saturday.

planet_jake

...better than sex with a midget version of myself...

planet_jake

Quote from: eward on December 07, 2005, 05:19:43 PM

Just saw a beautiful new print of In Cold Blood at The Music Box. For my money, it's one of the best American films of the 1960's! I didn't care for Capote at all, so it was nice to see this TRUE classic on the big screen.