worst theater experience.

Started by NEON MERCURY, February 23, 2004, 10:12:38 PM

Robyn

When I saw Inglourious Basterds for the first time.

Well... It was actually a fantastic experience since the movie was great. But one thing happened which ruined it a little. After a while the film began to play upside down and backwards, which was so damn weird. I didn't understand why either. So then we had to wait a half an hour or so before it started again. Ruined the experience a bit, but not much. I mean, it was still my best theater experience ever. When the opening credits began to play, and you're sitting in your chair and can't really understand that you finally gonna see it. It was incredible. And I hope I will feel the same thing when The Master comes out.

Neil

Quote from: KarlJan on May 01, 2010, 09:21:31 PM
When I saw Inglourious Basterds for the first time.

Well... It was actually a fantastic experience since the movie was great. But one thing happened which ruined it a little. After a while the film began to play upside down and backwards, which was so damn weird. I didn't understand why either. So then we had to wait a half an hour or so before it started again. Ruined the experience a bit, but not much. I mean, it was still my best theater experience ever. When the opening credits began to play, and you're sitting in your chair and can't really understand that you finally gonna see it. It was incredible. And I hope I will feel the same thing when The Master comes out.
Upside down and backwards?  Odd. Quite a glitch

But, this testimony kind of reminds someone's first sexual experience.  A ton of excitement about the fact that *it's going to happen* and although you probably had a good time, that doesn't necessarily mean it was good for the others involved.  But hey, you had a good time, you got off staring at his/her feet.  So, it was Win Win.
it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

MacGuffin

Movie Theater Kicks Customer Out for Texting, Turns Her Angry Voicemail Into PSA
The Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, Texas, now airs her expletive-filled rant before all R-rated movies that it shows.
Source: THR

You might want to think twice before texting the next time you are at the movies. A movie theater in Austin, Texas, has gotten its revenge on a customer who insisted on doing that very thing. In a blog post on the Alamo Drafthouse's website, the theater claims it has a strict no-talking policy that was adopted in 1997. "Recently, we had a situation where a customer persisted in texting in the theater despite two warnings to stop," the blog post reads. "Our policy at that point is to eject the customer without a refund, which is exactly what went down that night. Luckily, this former patron was so incensed at being kicked out, she quickly called the office and left us the raw ingredients for our latest 'Don't Talk or Text' PSA." That's right: The customer not only got kicked out of the movie without her money, but her angry, expletive-filled voicemail is now being played as part of a video airing before all the R-rated movies shown at the theater. Watch the video --and listen to her rant --below.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pas

Oh man i'm as bad as her i didn't know about the no texting tule in theaters. I mean it's on silent, didn
t think it was a big deal.

Did it a couple times.

RegularKarate

Yeah, this texting thing from the Drafthouse has really blown up.  Anderson Cooper said that Tim League should get a Nobel Peace Prize.

There's already shirts being sold that say "Magnited We Stand".

I hope it doesn't turn cool to get kicked out of the Drafthouse for texting.

mogwai

She
sounds
exactly
like an
asshole!
Whatever.

children with angels

I LOVE how her voice rises excitedly as she says "Magnited".
"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

ono

Quote from: Pas on June 08, 2011, 05:50:37 AM
Oh man i'm as bad as her i didn't know about the no texting tule in theaters. I mean it's on silent, didn

Did it a couple times.
This.  If you're paying any attention to the movie you shouldn't see my teeny little light.  Eyes forward.

Stefen

I text in theaters sometimes, but I hate when others do. It's rude!  :yabbse-angry:
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Mr. Merrill Lehrl

Texting is bothersome but I love it when people make whispery or loud phone calls. It's just so damn absurd the only thing to do is laugh.
"If I had to hold up the most heavily fortified bank in America," BolaƱo says, "I'd take a gang of poets. The attempt would probably end in disaster, but it would be beautiful."

Pas

I posted on Xixax while watching the awful movie ''Last Night'' . A pretty big post too.

polkablues

Quote from: ono on June 08, 2011, 12:48:56 PM
Quote from: Pas on June 08, 2011, 05:50:37 AM

Did it a couple times.
This.  If you're paying any attention to the movie you shouldn't see my teeny little light.  Eyes forward.

Fuck you both.  In a dark theater, that teeny light in your peripheral vision is distracting as hell.  Especially if you keep doing it at infrequent intervals, it's like fucking Chinese water torture.
My house, my rules, my coffee

john

Quote from: polkablues on June 08, 2011, 03:38:28 PM
Fuck you both.  In a dark theater, that teeny light in your peripheral vision is distracting as hell.  Especially if you keep doing it at infrequent intervals, it's like fucking Chinese water torture.

Word.

Turn off the phone.

Watch the fucking movie.

I didn't even use my phone last weekend during X-Men and that shit was BORING.
Maybe every day is Saturday morning.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: Pozer on June 08, 2011, 02:53:44 PM
Quote from: Christian on June 08, 2011, 12:32:58 PM
Passhole!

Are you referring to the people in lawn chairs at promo screenings? That's what we used to call them, but I've never heard anyone else use the term.
My assholeness knows no bounds.