Best Rain

Started by Reel, July 23, 2013, 06:15:34 PM

Reel

What are your favorite movies that mostly take place in the rain or where it plays a prominent role in the story?

These are mine:

Magnolia

The Ice Storm

Blade Runner

Glengarry Glen Ross

My last choice and the hardest to find a pic in the rain the same size as the others

Panic Room

if you want to add your favorite rain scenes from a movie, I won't be mad at cha

also this:

Tictacbk

Not the greatest movie, but pretty good rain: Road to Perdition

Reel

Wouldn't that movie have been way better if the dad was Ray Liotta? The kid looks just like him!

speaking of which...

Killing Them Softly ( Idk what's up with the dots )

Lottery

Yeah, that scene in KtS was great.

Rain sets the mood quite well in a thousand Asian films.

Frederico Fellini

We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

Sleepless

Some scenes off the top of my head:

Tried to find a still of that battle scene in LOTR (Two Towers?) where its pissing it down on the army as they stand there, about to battle.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Reel

What's the second one and which Indiana Jones is that?

MacGuffin

Quote from: Reelist on July 24, 2013, 09:57:20 PM
What's the second one and which Indiana Jones is that?

Breakfast At Tiffany's.

Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade (It's the prologue - "It belongs in a museum.")
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Tictacbk

squints

I was always blown away with how the rain looked on digital in 28 Days Later
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

MacGuffin

The Matrix

Se7en

Psycho

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Frederico Fellini

I think we're all forgetting the most obvious and most corny one:

We fought against the day and we won... WE WON.

Cinema is something you do for a billion years... or not at all.

Brando

Rashomon

I have not seen the Notebook so this is the most obvious one
If you think this is going to have a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

Lottery

Quote from: Brando on July 25, 2013, 07:36:30 PM
Rashomon
Yes, the scenes at the temple are great. Beautifully shot.

Quote from: Sleepless on July 24, 2013, 02:03:11 PM

There's a part in that scene which I love, it's when Mei looks around the corner and sees this small shrine with all these idols, she gets spooked and goes back to Satsuki. Just a fantastic little scene.