What's In Your DVD Player?

Started by cine, April 26, 2004, 07:29:53 PM

modage

the criterion release is different from the version shown in theatres.  as with all scorsese's films.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Sunrise

Quote from: modage on January 13, 2006, 01:25:52 PM
the criterion release is different from the version shown in theatres. as with all scorsese's films.

Nicely done. I can't remember where I read it, but he did an intereview about two years ago denouncing the "director's" cut. I suppose there are always exceptions to the rule.

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Rudie Obias

a dvd i made of my favorite movie trailers.
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Pwaybloe

GoneSavage

hedwig

squints

Quote from: Hedwig on February 01, 2006, 09:40:57 PM

i just saw that for the first time last week. Are there any special features on the dvd?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

hedwig

Quote from: squints on February 03, 2006, 12:44:09 PM
Are there any special features on the dvd?

assuming you're oblivious to the commonly-known fact that dvd merchant sites almost always contain clear descriptions of their products' special features, etc., here's a list of search engines you should start getting acquainted with immediately:

google, yahoo, msn search, dogpile, search.com, askjeeves, lycos, alltheweb, altavista. and there are zillions more.

breaking news: THEY DON'T CALL IT THE "INFORMATION HIGHWAY" FOR NOTHIN'.

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

squints

modage

Quote from: Hedwig on February 03, 2006, 02:10:41 PM
google, yahoo, msn search, dogpile, search.com, askjeeves, lycos, alltheweb, altavista. and there are zillions more.

breaking news: THEY DON'T CALL IT THE "INFORMATION HIGHWAY" FOR NOTHIN'.
i guess you can add xixax to that list.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

godardian

""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

godardian

last days of gerry the elephant

I just thought itd be something good to watch before I get to bed!

Quote from: permanent username on November 05, 2005, 03:37:20 PM

i'm watching the (cooler) region 2 cover one, though.

ahaha sweet! Loved that one!

Hedwig, done!