K Street-type fake documentary stuff

Started by Jake_82, December 02, 2003, 07:56:23 PM

Jake_82

does anyone know of any other films or tv shows done in the style of k street, where some of the characters are real and some of them aren't and it's filmed at real events while fake things happen at the same time? just any strange mix of reality and fiction, you know...
your reality is at the end of your dream

MacGuffin

Robert Altman did something along the same lines with "Tanner '88". "The Player" also mixed actors playing parts with actors playing themselves.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

aclockworkjj

Jake_82

Quote from: aclockworkjjjay and silent bob...

I mean more like a documentary with fake characters in it, rather than a fictional movie with actors playing themselves

Ghostboy

A lot of Julien Donkey Boy was filmed that way. Although that's not a documentary. I guess Zelig would fit the bill in most regards...

How did that film you were working on over the summer turn out, btw?

Jake_82

Quote from: GhostboyA lot of Julien Donkey Boy was filmed that way.

How did that film you were working on over the summer turn out, btw?

still working on it... except I trashed the script and wrote something shorter with the same characters but a different story.. but I might be done as soon as two weeks from now

TheVoiceOfNick

Have you seen that Joe Schmo show on Spike TV?  That's sorta like what you're talking about.

pete

how about "The War Game", where it does like an super-realistic re-creation of a nuclear fallout, interspersed with ironic interview footages of actual politicians, church leaders, scientists, and average British citizens who say they'd feel safe in case of one.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

analogzombie

yes here's a must see mockumentary:

The Legend of Boggy Creek
"I have love to give, I just don't know where to put it."

Thecowgoooesmooo

Also a great mockumentary Ive seen lately is,

They Shoot Movies Don't They?

I actually believe it was a real documentary during the whole movie, and I became emotionally involved in the character, and then, at the end, I was shocked by the climatic ending. I did some research on the movie on the net, found out it was a mock. I felt cheated, used, and pissed! But it worked.

chris