Worst Movie Ever

Started by IHeartPTA, August 22, 2003, 01:22:10 PM

Banky

i have not seen JC.  Should i check i out?

Cecil

i enjoyed it. dont know why people hate it so much

MacGuffin

I'll give you my opinion. First off, the kids are so incredibly stupid that I wanted them to die and rid the world of their ignorance. The ideas are taken from a number of different horror movies done better. The character of the medium who "saves" them was so silly even I had to laugh at her theroies. It was not scary, suspenseful or even remotely creepy.

That being said, I will most likely see the sequel. I just hope there are smarter characters.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Yeah... I'm with Mac... JEEP CREEPS sucked... asside from being made by a child molestor, it was just boring...

Though I'll admit the first seven minutes were really well done.  I doubt I'll be watching part two... I'm surprised people liked the first one enough to warrant the sequel.

Alethia

well there was a problem child 2, dont think many people asked for that

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: jokerspath
Milk Money

..You know what this is a good call i forgot how horrible this was....its one of those films that after you watch it you immediately put it out of youir head..b/c its sucks so bad.Then when sopmeone brings it back up (as in this case..)..you quickly remeber the film and how crappy it was good choice. :yabbse-thumbup:

modage

Quote from: MacGuffinThe ideas are taken from a number of different horror movies done better.

i agree with that, but i still liked it.  i had no interest in the movie from the trailers due to the sheer number of crappy horror movies to good ones.  but my dad rented it and told me to watch it, so i did. andi thought it was really good.  and one of my favorite horror flicks of the last few years for sure.  i dont remember the characters being that stupid.  and i thought it was creepy, the opening was great.  i thought the dialogue was good.  and the ending was also,  very cool.  great new monster too.  previews on tv for the new one look real good.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

NEON MERCURY

::.jumps up and down screaming w/ excitement like a lil' kid::..i got ! i got!..the worst film has got to be ...............Keanu "whoa" Reeves devilish turn as a stalker in the sleeper hit ::cue scary music::...THE WATCHER...

MacGuffin

Quote from: themodernage02i dont remember the characters being that stupid.

"Hey, we just saw a guy dump a body down a shaft. Instead of going for the police, let's investigate it ourselves and forget that the same psycho tried to run us off the road not two minutes ago. We're only two scrawny kids who have no weapons, after all."

"Oh shit, I just fell down the shaft. I'll look for a way out instead of using the rope the body is wrapped in for you to use to pull me out with."

I could go on.

Quotethe opening was great.

It was better in this film. And all I could focus on was that the truck just rammed into their car, and in the next shot, there was no damage.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Lucinda Bryte

Quote from: Lucinda BryteI've already stated I haven't seen many movies... Chasing Amy was one of the worst I've seen...

wait, sorry if this is a silly question, but how does somehow who hasnt seen many movies end up on a movie message board?  
apologies if i missed the bio elsewhere.[/quote]

Because I like good movies. I think... Or so people tell me.

And see I don't really make it a commitment to see movies that I think look blatantly terrible.

That's why I don't watch lame teenage flicks or lame teenager-aimed horror movies.

:-D

bigperm

Myself and a few friends try to host a MECCA PIECE OF SHIT night when we can. We pass out cards with ten pieces of shit drawn on them, and people rate accordingly. The Definition of a MPOS, is a movie that takes itself way to seriously and is just bad...some of the heavyweights have included-  The Other Sister, Two days in the Valley, Weekend at Bernie's 1 & 2, Teen Wolf 2, Empire Records, Battlefield Earth, Freddy got Fingered, Look who's talking now, Gone Fishin', Multiple Batman films, Jurassic Park 3, and on and on and on...
Safe As Milk

Raikus

Quote from: Lucinda BryteI've already stated I haven't seen many movies... Chasing Amy was one of the worst I've seen...
Nominated:
British Independent Film Award - Best Foreign Independent Film
Golden Globe - Best Performance by Actress in Motion Picture
Independent Spirit Award - Best Feature

Won:
CFCA Award
Independent Spirit Award
Sierra Award

And selected for a Criterion Edition DVD release.

These are a few of the reasons I'm shocked to see this movie in this thread.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

MacGuffin

Quote from: Lucinda BryteAnd see I don't really make it a commitment to see movies that I think look blatantly terrible.

That's why I don't watch lame teenage flicks or lame teenager-aimed horror movies.

So you judge a book by it's cover? And how do you know they are lame if you haven't seen them?

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Raikus
Nominated:
British Independent Film Award - Best Foreign Independent Film
Golden Globe - Best Performance by Actress in Motion Picture
Independent Spirit Award - Best Feature

Won:
CFCA Award
Independent Spirit Award
Sierra Award

And selected for a Criterion Edition DVD release.

These are a few of the reasons I'm shocked to see this movie in this thread.

Gladiator:

Nominated
Chicago Film Critics Association
Directors Guild
London Critics Circle
Online Film Critics Society
Screen Actors Guild

Won
Oscar
Golden Globe
Grammy
National Board of Review
BAFTA

I rest my case.

Raikus

Quote from: bigpermMyself and a few friends try to host a MECCA PIECE OF SHIT night when we can. We pass out cards with ten pieces of shit drawn on them, and people rate accordingly. The Definition of a MPOS, is a movie that takes itself way to seriously and is just bad... Empire Records
Whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA! How does ER take itself seriously? It's like the ultimate goofy, feel-good movie. Where are all you people posting from? The Bridgeview Mental Health Facility?
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.