Poster Help?

Started by depooter, January 31, 2003, 06:41:32 PM

depooter

Not exactly PTA related, but oh well...

I'm looking for a CHEAP way to frame some movie posters. I'd like them to have a simple black frame (with glass) but all the poster shops in seattle want a $130 a piece!

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Greg

sphinx

i'm in the same boat you're in.  costs me about $100 to get my posters framed professionally.  cj told me about ikea's frames, which are about half the price, or something.  never really looked into it much
you also have the option of getting someone to mount it on a foam board, which is very inexpensive, irreversible, stain and dust protected, and has a matte finish with no frame.  they look really cool, but i hear they warp a lot over time.  i also purchased a 'do it yourself frame' that has a piece of fiberglass, four black sidings and a piece of cardboard to put the poster on.  i tried doing it with my ocean's 11 teaser, but the fiberglass was marked up and scratched, and it oddly had a natural curve to it.  :\

Xixax

One word: Target

NICE wooden poster frames with plexi instead of glass (which looks nice if the poster behind it is mounted correctly and is the right size).

About $35 or so. I have a few. They're every bit as good looking as the ones I had made at a frame shop - as long as you don't tap on the glass, you'll never know it's plastic.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

depooter

Thanks for the info. As usual, Michael, you da man.

tpfkabi

i just went through this. the PDL poster is 27x40, which is not a standard size, so you can't buy it anywhere without them specially making it. i asked this at rotten tomatoes and they referred me to
http://www.frameplace.com/

i got a pretty nice frame for around 32 bucks shipping and all. not glass put plastic front.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

aclockworkjj

Go to a specific frame store....in Southern Cal there is a frame and hobby chain store called Aarons Brothers.....I don't know if they are bigger than Southern Cal, but I wouldn't doubt if they would ship stuff.  I got a bunch of frames specifically sized for movie posters and they were only like $25 a peice, plain black w/ plexi....very simple, yet they look really good.