the marquee

Started by (kelvin), June 25, 2003, 03:32:33 PM

SoNowThen

......it's baaaacckk!!!!!!!!!!!

And I love it.

The most wonderful time of the year, and all that.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Storytelling rules.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Sleuth

My monitor is too dark (yes, the bright and contrast are up all the way) so I can't see what it is

help :!:  :?:  :idea:
I like to hug dogs

Quote from: SlogMy monitor is too dark (yes, the bright and contrast are up all the way) so I can't see what it is

help :!:  :?:  :idea:

Watch the storytelling trailer...
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

picolas

Quote from: 82Watch the storytelling trailer...
qt: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fineline/storytelling.html

whoever can tell me what music is playing in that trailer gets a pat on the back. i'll pay for the shipping.

Thecowgoooesmooo

Where can I get my eyes on this amazing movie!?

And when!

chris

cine

Quote from: picolas
Quote from: 82Watch the storytelling trailer...
qt: http://www.apple.com/trailers/fineline/storytelling.html

whoever can tell me what music is playing in that trailer gets a pat on the back. i'll pay for the shipping.

I assume belle and sebastian...

Finn

It's great to see a Todd Solondz movie as a banner for the site!
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

modage

who's that now?  The Station Agent?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

kotte

The guy looks a bit like Peter Dinklage.

I don't think so, but if it is...who the fuck is she? Shouldn't this guy get as many hot chicks as he wants?

modage

Patricia Clarkson trying to out-ugly Charlize Theron for the oscar?
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

kotte

Quote from: themodernage02Patricia Clarkson trying to out-ugly Charlize Theron for the oscar?

:-D

Crap, I didn't know she's Vera in Dogville...what an eye-opener.

Xixax

Actually, I did a Google Image Search for the phrase "ugly people" and found this and thought it was a hilarious picture.

But now that you mention it, it does look like Dinklage.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]